Honored Contributor

If you know what a scoodie is, would you wear one due to cold weather?

Just want to know I may try to crochet one.  I think for here in MI it might be a good idea. 

It a hoodie/scarf combo if you haven't ever heard of one.  I only just learned of them in the last year or two. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: If you know what a scoodie is, would you wear one due to cold weather?

I never learned to crochet but am an avid knitter. I've knitted many, many of those but never knew what they were called.  I knit those along with hats, scarves, and mittens to donate locally.  That's a cool name and yes, I do wear mine.  They are so warm and toasty here in Ohio.

You can look online for free crochet patterns for a scoodie.  If that is not the official name, look under scarf and hoodie combo patterns.  Good luck and happy crocheting.  docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

I like the version w/ hood and scarf w/ pockets. I do not have the talent to do my own. I think when I retire, I may take up knitting or crocheting. I would def wear in the winter, but we seldom get that cold here in Seattle. Also thinking we may find some place warm to stay Jan - March when my hubby retires. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

YES!  I have some books with scoodies and cowls - both knit and crochet versions.  (Also lots of hat books.)

Check Amazon for:

• Crocheted Scoodies:  20 gorgeous hooded scarves and cowls to crochet
  • Cowl Girls:  The Neck's Big Thing to Knit
  • How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns

Respected Contributor

I had one several years ago (I bought mine).  They are nice - they don't mess up your hair the same way a hat will.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal   No knitting or crocheting talent here but I have owned and worn those thaat can be purchased from the store.

Especially happy I had it with me one day walking home from work in a blizzard after the busses had stopped running since my wise employers had delayed issuing an early dismissal until it was too late to be of any help.

It helped to shield my mouth and nose since I had to walk into the wind.  Had a brimmed felt hat on top of that that tied under my chin, too.

Living in New England, and having to always be prepared for the capriciousness of Mother Nature--and me loathing the cold--I always had extra layers and warm accesories stored in my cubicle at the office.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor

Yes, I wore one probably 25 years ago...so what is old is new again.  But once was enough for me.

Honored Contributor

I have seen some that look cute, warm, and even elegant. I think Iman sells one on HSN. I follow her on Instagram and I think she modeled it this week.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Didn’t know that’s what they were called. I definitely have something similar. I only wear it when outside for extended periods of time so I don’t wear it often. I can’t remember where I got it.

Respected Contributor

I would absolutely wear one. I remember the temperatures back East, and I had to walk to the subway in the freezing cold.

Have never forgotten those long ago days.

Looking good or not, give me a puffer coat and a scoodie when those temps drop.