Honored Contributor

Re: If you have one, what do you think of your Anthropologie store?

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Very, very expensive and IMO the clothes are cut for juniors.

They don't have coupons, but having worked for a major anchor store, I can tell you their cost is generally lower than Ralph Lauren and Karen Kane, more in keeping with Michael Kors.

I'm a S here and a medium everywhere else, including Anthro.

If you are an Anthro member, you will get a 20% off coupon during your birthday month. They also have an extra 25 % and up to 40% off marked prices several times a year.

I love some of Anthro's clothes and others I don't care for---similar to other lines.  Their sizing is super inconsistent.  I can wear a size 2 or a size 6 there or an XXS to a Small.  I always have to try on. 

I hate their shipping costs so I try to buy from the store or order online the few times a year they have free shipping.

I don't buy much at all during the months of March through July.  I won't pay $150 for a cotton blouse.   I love the items I own from there and I probably get more compliments on my Anthro Statement pieces (mostly jackets/toppers/coats) than any other items I purchase.  

Their quality is hit or miss. 

@winamac1

Good morning, Win!  Just want to make sure you know that the only time you have to pay for shipping and handling is when you place an order online.  If you PHONE your order, they gladly waive all S&H.  I know, it doesn't make sense, but I always ask and they do!

Brrrrr!  It is below zero here.  Stay warm!

Hi Magic!  Happy Monday (almost over, lol).  I do know they will do that, and I have called!!  Thanks for the reminder. 

I don't like their clearance area at all.  I never find anything I like.  It's always the duds, for the most part.  

It was 10 to 15 degrees here today--heat wave compared to you.  Uggh

I hate winter!  

Have a great week! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I prefer the catalogue.

Honored Contributor

I like ours. The clothing is cute and at least different than the average selections available at the anchor stores of our mall. I have been known to buy a few household items at the same time I buy their fragrances and clothing. I definitely give them my business.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

They don't have coupons, but having worked for a major anchor store, I can tell you their cost is generally lower than Ralph Lauren and Karen Kane, more in keeping with Michael Kors.

If you are an Anthro member, you will get a 20% off coupon during your birthday month. They also have an extra 25 % and up to 40% off marked prices several times a year.

I love some of Anthro's clothes and others I don't care for---similar to other lines.  Their sizing is super inconsistent.  I can wear a size 2 or a size 6 there or an XXS to a Small.  I always have to try on. 

I hate their shipping costs so I try to buy from the store or order online the few times a year they have free shipping.

I don't buy much at all during the months of March through July.  I won't pay $150 for a cotton blouse.   I love the items I own from there and I probably get more compliments on my Anthro Statement pieces (mostly jackets/toppers/coats) than any other items I purchase.  

@winamac1

Good morning, Win!  Just want to make sure you know that the only time you have to pay for shipping and handling is when you place an order online.  If you PHONE your order, they gladly waive all S&H.  I know, it doesn't make sense, but I always ask and they do!

Hi Magic!  Happy Monday (almost over, lol).  I do know they will do that, and I have called!!  Thanks for the reminder. 

I don't like their clearance area at all.  I never find anything I like.  It's always the duds, for the most part.  

I hate winter!  

@winamac1

Hi Win!  I don't mind the clearance merchandise in my store--it is the over zealous shoppers who seem to get in my personal space!  I know, I am weird that way, but I need to have some distance, especially since I like to look at everything and I feel as if I need to hurry along.  I usually walk away and come back when I can have the rack all to myself.  

I recently purchased 6 little bottles of perfume when they had their 40% off sale.  Oh and a pair of $100 ett twa sunglasses for $30.   

I,too, hate winter!  But I plan on winning the Powerball and will be in a tropical location very, very soon!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1

I hate winter!  

@winamac1

Hi Win!  I don't mind the clearance merchandise in my store--it is the over zealous shoppers who seem to get in my personal space!  I know, I am weird that way, but I need to have some distance, especially since I like to look at everything and I feel as if I need to hurry along.  I usually walk away and come back when I can have the rack all to myself.  

I recently purchased 6 little bottles of perfume when they had their 40% off sale.  Oh and a pair of $100 ett twa sunglasses for $30.   

I,too, hate winter!  But I plan on winning the Powerball and will be in a tropical location very, very soon!

I"m your new BFF! Magic...especially after tonight!  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1

I hate winter!  

@winamac1

Awww, I'll buy you a tropical villa too, Win!  I  promise!  But you know we will have to give up our boots! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1

I hate winter!  

@winamac1

Awww, I'll buy you a tropical villa too, Win!  I  promise!  But you know we will have to give up our boots! Smiley Sad

No..we can wear our UGGS , at least, as they are in style at the beach, LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Back to the original question, my Athropologie sits on the corner of a very busy intersection of the city and is one big room with small vignettes set up throughout.  I like this concept rather than traditional racks and racks of items. 

The only issue I have is with the clearance area.  It is in the back of the store with both shelving and clothing racks that are very "tight".  I have "spacial" issues and don't like when someone (strangers) invades it.  

As any store that carries a multitude of labels, sizing can be inconsistent, but I find they often run large.  As for the demographics, the average age shopper is between 30-45 and I find this true of my store unless young girls happen to be shopping with their moms. 

******************Having worked retail for five years now (whew!), I can tell you sale is never front and center.  It's a loss leader.  The current stuff is what pays property, lights, and salaries.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1

I hate winter!  

@winamac1

No..we can wear our UGGS , at least, as they are in style at the beach, LOL!!!!

Silly me! Of course--bikinis and UGGS!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Back to the original question, my Athropologie sits on the corner of a very busy intersection of the city and is one big room with small vignettes set up throughout.  I like this concept rather than traditional racks and racks of items. 

The only issue I have is with the clearance area.  It is in the back of the store with both shelving and clothing racks that are very "tight".  I have "spacial" issues and don't like when someone (strangers) invades it.  

As any store that carries a multitude of labels, sizing can be inconsistent, but I find they often run large.  As for the demographics, the average age shopper is between 30-45 and I find this true of my store unless young girls happen to be shopping with their moms. 

******************Having worked retail for five years now (whew!), I can tell you sale is never front and center.  It's a loss leader.  The current stuff is what pays property, lights, and salaries.

Oh, I understand why stores have their sale merchandise located where they do.  I think it is more my personal space issues that make me feel assaulted.  Because I am hard-wired this way, I am very sensitive to others and would never want to be accused of invading someone else's space.  

I shouldn't complain though.  My store is spacious and light.  And as someone who worked retail for  5 years, I am sure you will apprexfi ate when I say the staff is superb.  In fact, I contacted corporate to commend a young guy (sales associate) who went above and beyond to find a dress I wanted.