Valued Contributor

If you could design the perfect tee?

I don't know why this staple is so difficult. I hate cap sleeves and also sleeves like a unisex tee (too big). Some tees are too boxy, some too fitted. I feel like Goldilocks trying to find a tee. I love the feel of the Life is Good tees, but they don't fit well (too boxy) and I don't always want a saying or picture on a tee. They are also a little too thick for an everyday layer.

If I could design the perfect tee it would be generously cut but not boxy or too fitted. Probably a scoop neck or u line, but not too low. Fabric would have to be very soft (some kind of very soft cotton blend) a little stretch would be ok, but not spandex type stretch and not to feel like one of those polyester "wicking" fabrics. The sleeves would have to hit at the perfect spot on the arm, not a cap sleeve, not a short sleeve designed for men, but that perfect "cover the jiggle but still be a short sleeve" sleeve. And really great colors...colors found on a peaceful nature trek...

What would your perfect tee be?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could design the perfect tee?

My perfect t shirt would be tunic length with 3/4 sleeves and a V neckline. No tight armholes or sleeves and no showing back fat or a tummy.

Respected Contributor

Cap sleeve

semi fitted

bum coverage

a little shorter in front

modest v neck

soft ...mostly cotton

heathered and solid color choices

Honored Contributor

@Quse

Wow.  You clearly have given this a lot of thought.  Are you like this with all your clothing?  lol

IMO, The only solution for you is to have them custom made, like Isaac Mizrahi does.  Then you'd have exactly what you want.   

Frankly, this is a simple thing for me.   I never wear tee shirts out in public .... just as pajama tops.   Short or 3/4 sleeve and a v neck in 100% cotton.   Not a big deal.

Honored Contributor

Mine would be low hip length, short, not cap sleeves with no spandex. It would have any neckline, except crew.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Quse

Wow.  You clearly have given this a lot of thought.  Are you like this with all your clothing?  lol

IMO, The only solution for you is to have them custom made, like Isaac Mizrahi does.  Then you'd have exactly what you want.   

Frankly, this is a simple thing for me.   I never wear tee shirts out in public .... just as pajama tops.   Short or 3/4 sleeve and a v neck in 100% cotton.   Not a big deal.

@Tinkrbl44 Lol...I work at home and live in tees..I have one tee from a company that I like...in every color they make, but I'd change a few things.

Yes, I am like this with all the clothing. I'm to the point in life that I like what I like. When I like something, I buy multiples because I just want to be able to open my closet, grab something and be done. No time for fussy, bothersome clothes..too much to do..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Tees are the one thing I have no trouble finding here at QVC.  Isaac makes great tees and so does D&Co.  QF too but sometimes there is a bit too much embellishment.   I buy one or two a year for holiday wear.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Quse

LOL   I was beginning to think I was the only one.  I do wear tees out and about when the weather is nice and I have no trouble finding them here but also everywhere else.  I stock up on short sleeve white cotton tees from Old Navy when they sell them for $7 or $8.  I don't wear them outside, those are my sleep tees.

Occasional Contributor

Bean has my perfect tee (almost). It's call the Saturday Tee, but for me it's too short. I have a couple of them and wear with long tank under it (ala Logo). It's cotton, crew or v-neck, short sleeve and loose fit. Love their colors too, soft washes.  

Honored Contributor

@Quse

Mine exists!Cat Tongue

LLB 

Item #: TA277964

Product Details

Superior to other tees in every way and made from the world’s finest cotton (grown right here in the USA), our elbow-length-sleeve tee for women is extraordinarily soft, smooth and long lasting.

Slightly Fitted
Size & Fit
  • Slightly Fitted: Softly shapes the body.
  • Falls at hip.

Fabric & Care
  • Made of long-staple 100% Supima® cotton, the top 1% of the world's cotton.
  • Machine wash cold with like colors, tumble dry low.
Additional Features
  • Unique interlock-knit for a silky-soft feel.
  • Tested to ensure the fabric and fit remain the same, wash after wash.
  • Imported, fabric USA.