Respected Contributor

Re: If women have curves why are clothes cut straight up and down

How about Lane Bryant? 

Their sizes I believe start at 14. They are not just for larger women.  Even though, these days I guess 14 is considered a larger size - ridiculous!  Anyhow - check them out. I actually buy my bras from there - they fit great and they last forever. If you ever look at their ads - they use curvy models...

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I figrued out what is needed, at least they could but bust darks in the tops to give them a bit of shaping, yes I know it takes time and money

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

everyone has different curves in different places so you really need to try your garment on before purchasing unless you are that familiar with the designer and know your size. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes!  Great place to buy bras. There isn't one within 100 miles of where I live, so visit the outlet mall in Oregon when we are on vacation on the coast. No sales tax too!   I use to buy the wacoal bras but never found their fit equaled the price. But they do last a whole longer than other brands. 

Valued Contributor

I agree. There are some t-shirts I used to buy at a local store, but they are made for people who have no hips. I am 5'3", 135 lbs, and trying to find something that is made for someone with a figure is challenging. 

Honored Contributor

I find this so funny as I always think "Not ALL women are built like an hourglass!!!!!"

I'm straight up and down with boobs. It's....impossible to find clothing that fits in the hips that isn't huge everywhere else. Looks like we all have problems finding clothes no matter our shape.

Honored Contributor

I am curvy with an hourglass shape and I too have trouble finding clothing.  And to make it more impossible, I need petite sizes.

i shop  for clothing at Christopher and Banks.  They have pants for curvy women and their essential T's are wonderful.  They are 100% cotton and have a wonderful give to the fabric.  I don't need to size up to fit the girls and they are not tight, nor boxy.

Their clothing is made in misses, petite and plus sizes for straight and curvy bodies.

Valued Contributor

Not ALL women are CURVY. There are many women who are built straight with small waist and small hips who wear SMALL sizes.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I think I figrued out what is needed, at least they could but bust darks in the tops to give them a bit of shaping, yes I know it takes time and money

?????????????????

Respected Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

?????????????????

I believe she meant bust DARTS.