Esteemed Contributor

Re: If this is on trend I'm still not buying it

Maybe QVC is trying to appeal to a wider market?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus If I were to go walking all over Europe, I would certainly be in sneakers.Smiley Happy  I have had enough sore feet as I finally found the right combination in metarsal pads for retail.  I'm on thin carpet on cement.

Honored Contributor

I really don't see anything drastically wrong with this look.............wearing sneakers with dresses is a somewhat  'new-ish' (and actually slightly retro) trend.

Very comfortable, and I'm guessing that most/many women are carrying heels in their totes for a quick change.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@patbz    Most of Arizona is too hot for leggings plus tunic.  I know what you mean by "community in a community".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

I agree it's gorgeous! and the major difference, aside from the loud floral, is that the tunic in the traditional dress fits her! It doesn't look like too much fabric to hide behind; it actually shows her shape!

I'll take a knee/shin length tunic any day over one that hits mid thigh?!  And with a long,lean line that's not necessarily clingy but shows your shape....defines a waist....

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@patbz    Most of Arizona is too hot for leggings plus tunic.  I know what you mean by "community in a community".

I live in the Phoenix area and I do wear capri length leggings and tunics all summer.  Most restaurants, theaters and offices are COLD. 

Caveat:  I run very cold blooded, but most of my friends wear the same thing in the summer. I do not wear jeans in the summer, however. They are too hot and bulky.

Respected Contributor

OMG!  No possible way! 

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

Was not what I was expecting!!

617AF650-5FD4-4B29-9A52-20B8AAD46262.jpeg

I tend to agree.  However, I will say that, if I WERE to wear this, I would probably choose black ballet flats. I could never pull this off and people would think I left the shoes I meant to wear at home!

I would wear this dress without leggings, and with black or red platform espadrilles instead of the white sneakers.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I love my Adidas Grand Court white sneakers with woven joggers and even occasional summer dress.

This is the color I have. I wear them everywhere.

Image result for adidas grand court with jogger

@JJsMom, love those.  I have the Adidas Superstar in the white with black.  I love them.  I love a sneaker like these with a t-shirt dress.

Honored Contributor

I love the Adidas Superstar!  I too have the white with black.