Respected Contributor

Re: If this is fashion, I'm out.

Well, I'm just glad there are lots of fashion choices so we all don't look like clones!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blondewrote:

Well, I'm just glad there are lots of fashion choices so we all don't look like clones!

I think we are kinda looking like clones..leggings or ripped jeans,long tops,ankle boots seems a uniform. Now cold shoulder,off the shoulder. Getting boring. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I love bell sleeved tops as long as they aren't too exaggerated.

I do not like cold shoulder, off the shoulder, one shoulder, split sleeved tops, wide legged pants or asymetrrical tops (asymmetry on one side).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have an SG blouse that I bought a couple of years ago and never worn because the sleeves were a problem under coats. 

I stuck it in the back of the closet - plannng on altering the sleeves - and promptly forgot all about it until the other day while looking for something else.

Maybe I'll get some use out of it in Spring/Summer.  I'm going to see what the tailor will charge to shorten both ruffles by half.

Honored Contributor

The way it works is that if enough people keep purchasing the “outs”, then they become “ins”. 

The same thing happened w/ the shark hem, skirts with the front hem knee length while the back hung to the ankle and also some funky colors that stayed around even though they looked awful on everyone (D&Co. Dusty Rose...brownish rose/blah) comes to mind. 

Hopefully, designers will see these 50%-70% off on sale and get the hint that it’s time to think up something new.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

The way it works is that if enough people keep purchasing the “outs”, then they become “ins”. 

The same thing happened w/ the shark hem, skirts with the front hem knee length while the back hung to the ankle and also some funky colors that stayed around even though they looked awful on everyone (D&Co. Dusty Rose...brownish rose/blah) comes to mind. 

Hopefully, designers will see these 50%-70% off on sale and get the hint that it’s time to think up something new.

Not to be argumentative @Shanus but I purchased a few tops in Dusty Rose D&C and receive compliments on them. People (complete strangers) have asked me about them and how much they like the color on me.

I have very neutral coloring, fair and when I wear Blondie Pink lipstick (our beloved Bobbi Brown) and a soft blush with a bit of warmth to it, I look perfectly fine.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxoxwrote:

@QVCkitty1

Hmm guess you missed my point so sorry

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

Dress the way you want and let others do the same

Where did the OP. say that people couldn't dress as they please ? It is ok to say you don't like a certain fashion trend.

@I am still oxox The OP’s question was “Anyone else with me on these sleeves or is your OUT something totally different?”  To me she is asking if anyone agrees with her about not liking those types of sleeves or are there other things we don’t like about the lastest fashion trends in tops. i was also a little confused by many responses back to the op.

@QVCkitty1  I’m not getting it either.😊

Honored Contributor

@Ketra

Headline: If this is fashion I'm Out

Enough said

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm out too.

Think they look dumb, I'm a child of the 60's who and walked around in ripped bell bottoms and blouses with bell sleeves.

I was in my teens then. Now, in my 60's, I think they look old and boring.

Wasn't much of a fashing statement in the 60's and I don't think it is now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't particularly care for the bell sleeve, the tulip sleeve, the cold shoulder, off the shoulder or cold elbow.   My reasons are probably not the same as others.  I like plain old sleeves or sleeveless.  I particularly do not like big sleeves.

Big sleeeves spend more time in my soup or salad dressing than I do and I have enough trouble, lately, keeping food off the front of my blouse.  I just don't need any sleeves eating half my meal or ruining my look or causing flies to follow me around.