Honored Contributor

Re: If You Need Huggable Hangers......

@ECBG How do you know the real one from the other brands?  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

Honey, the actual shape of the hanger is often different, they say "velvet, non slip" and not the copyrighted name "Huggable Hanger".  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The hanger's I bought last year have Joy stamped on every hanger. The box had her name and picture on all sides.

Honored Contributor

I usually don't buy more hangers. I just get rid of the clothes hanging on them and that way I get some hangers. My closets can only hold so much. One time I had too much hanging on one closet rod that the weight caused the rod to come crashing down on the floor! First I heard a 'snap' then a boom and the floor kind of shook. No more hangers for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I usually don't buy more hangers. I just get rid of the clothes hanging on them and that way I get some hangers. My closets can only hold so much. One time I had too much hanging on one closet rod that the weight caused the rod to come crashing down on the floor! First I heard a 'snap' then a boom and the floor kind of shook. No more hangers for me.

@SilleeMee 

Yep that's happened to me, too. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I just bought a box of 100 from Amazon.   Not called "huggable" .... the same idea.  

Esteemed Contributor

I stocked up on hangers when Joy Mangano left HSN because the prices were the lowest they have ever been (several for a dollar, don't remember exactly), but later saw that HSN has been still selling the huggable hangers without the Joy Mangano name.  It looks like HSN is out of stock now, but that has been my experience of how HSN works.  They bring stuff, sell it out, bring on similar stuff again later, after clearing old inventory.  Different from QVC, which doesn't clear out inventory, just hangs on to it for years.

I like them because they hold the garment shape and save space.  I prefer the shirt variety because it is lighter on my closet rod.  I do break them when I abuse them.

This is the press release stating HSN is continuing to sell the Mangano products.

https://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/pressrelease/hsn-announces-joy-mangano-departing-to-pursue-other-...

Looks like Joy is planning her own reality TV inventor competition show.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Yep that's happened to me, too. 

And me...

Honored Contributor

I like them. I've never had a hanger break but every door Hook I've ever had has snapped! Pity too because I like those and used them

The container store sells them or at least they did

Super Contributor

I just bought some on HSN about two months ago.  They were definitely called huggable hangars.