Honored Contributor

Re: If You Need Huggable Hangers......

Dare I say Walmart?  They sell in small amounts cheap.  I also use the sturdy cheap plastic hangers on heavier items.  I don't care if the hangers match at all.  Huggables are great for items that would slip off and land on the floor. For some items they are too "sticky" and the garment won't pull off.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I love my huggable hangers. Have had them for years. They save space and clothes stay on them.  I did buy some other brands as fill Ins because I have so many clothes, but they are definitely not as good as Joy's original huggable hangers.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have huggable hangers from both HSN and Target.  Can't speak for what they're selling now, but the Target hangers used to say "Huggable Hanger" on the packaging.  They have lasted just as long as the ones from HSN.  I just checked, and some of my hangers have "JOY" printed on them and some have "JM".

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I bought my first set from Joy back in 2002. Those hangers are great and have never broken. 

The hangers I bought later from Costco were flimsy compared to Joy's and didn't last too long. 

Super Contributor

I bought when they first came out too.  Her later production got really cheap, and mine broke, or the hooks came off of the top.  I have better luck just buying off brands.  Even bought some at Aldi, and they were akin to when she first brought them out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Maybe in 2018 you were busy like me and missed the whole issue about Joy Mangano whom invented Huggable Hangers leaving HSN.

I need some of these hangers and thought HSN's sold out over every style but children's hangers.

I googled, and googled (didn't want Target's copy).  There are quite a few on ebay.  I got some today, but wanted a set that the SH was less than $8 less than the hangers!  Imagine!  I don't want dust covers or clips.  I have professional skirt clips from amazon.

I ended up with purple, no SH!

Plenty left if you want them as there will be no more.

@ECBG 

I purchased the first group she sold and later when I wanted to add to them I noticed the later versions were much weaker. I came across some at QVC that had a little tab on the hanger to hang other things.https://www.qvc.com/ClutterFree-Set-of-50-Universal-Hangers.product.V36343.html?sc=SRCH

I love these most of all. When my husband was ill I really needed to have some things easier. I thought it would be better if I could just not think about my wardrobe. Ideally I thought I would like to just reach in my closet, pull a hanger and a whole outfit would be ready, something you could do with your eyes closed. My sister- in-laws helped me change the closet and this was such a help to me. Since his death I have not gone back.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

I'm so verry sorry to hear about your DH.  Such an unbelieveablely difficult road to follow.

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

I don't hang things together because most of my tops go with several items.  I recreate outfits as I go.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 

I'm so verry sorry to hear about your DH.  Such an unbelieveablely difficult road to follow.

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

I don't hang things together because most of my tops go with several items.  I recreate outfits as I go.

@ECBG,

Thank you.Yes very difficult.

I have always done that too. I had a carpenter some years ago build my dream closet when we were doing some renovating.  Everything has it's own place but I did need to do it by outfits during that time because I did not want to think about putting outfits together but I wanted to look nice everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister hung clothes in her basement from the water pipes!!!  Need I say more?  When the plumber came, he just looked at her and shook his head.  She doesn't do that anymore.......Woman Surprised

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

I bought several 100 hangers boxes of the huggable hangers, I used to wait for the Today's Specials to replace about 500 hangers of my existing hangers and would also send them as presents for my sisters, mom friends or anyone moving or buying a new house.

When Joy was leaving HSN, I also stock up on the 50 or 100 hangers Christmas edition with 12 matching metallic bags, wrapping paper and even the gift tags along with some coupons that I could not even use, however I think they were on clearance with free shipping, I never had a problem with the hangers and still have 3 or 4 unopened boxes left...