Honored Contributor

Re: If You Love Fifties Fashion-A Designer's Nod To Beautiful Clothes!

Wow, this is collection is simply Barbie (the highest compliment I pay for fashion). 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Wow, this is collection is simply Barbie (the highest compliment I pay for fashion). 

@Bird mama That's exactly what I thought ... all my Barbie doll dresses and dreams fleshed out in life size. How exquisite were these fashions!!!! No flesh hanging out as so many ready to wear dresses are, perfectly form fitting, and the adornment on some of the gowns ike nothing I have ever seen ...fit for royalty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suhse wrote:

Many of them were beautiful. 

I did think a few of them were over the top and awful😳Especially the bird feather creations. 

The wedding dress, I'm sure was a work of art, but I can't imagine anyone actually wearing it. I was afraid that poor tiny girl would collapse from the weight of it. 

It was fit for a princess... because only a princess would have 6 attendants whose sole purpose was to lift her sleeves and train up and turn them whenever she wanted to change direction. It made for an awkward walk down the runway.

But it was absolutely beautiful. I also loved her shimmering tiara.

I loved that first dress with the blue flowers. I think that would also make a lovely wedding dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

I liked that one, too...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this link.  Mesmerizing.

01-haute-couture-spring-2016-round-up-ralph-and-russoA model walks the runway at the Ralph & Russo Spring Summer 2016 fashion show during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week on January 25, 2016 in Paris, France.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I could see getting married in this one

A model walks the runway at the Ralph & Russo Spring Summer 2016 fashion show during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week on January 25, 2016 in Paris, France.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I did not wear a wedding gown.  I wore a wedding dress. I married at noon.  The third dress (I think), lace with the short overlay to the hip area, is like my wedding dress.  I bought a Vogue pattern and my mother and grandmother dinked around with the pattern, opened it down the back with covered satin buttons to the waist, end on end, as closely as they could sew them.