Valued Contributor

Re: ** If You Like Logo.....**

On 1/13/2015 kjohnson said:
On 1/13/2015 twopeas said:

Good to know. Thank you for posting. I didn't see any reviews on this one. Was the top you bought this one or a similar style of his? I am tall, so hopefully they will work.

It's the exact same top. This is an "encore" TS. Apparently the one during the summer clearance sold so well they brought it back. Some colors are difference, but it's the same thing.

Yea, if you aren't short and hippy like I am you'll probably have better success. They unfortunately hit me just in the right spot so that the "sharkbites" looked like I had wings attached to my hips! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

YES! I can totally relate to this. I purchased this LOGO top

No Image Found A258918 Lace mesh top. It was so pretty on the models and in person.

Then I put it on....it stuck out so far on my hips it looked like I gained 4 inches on both sides. I was shocked how these tops can make you look so much wider depending on where they hit your hips. Her other tops don't do that to me. It couldn't go back fast enough. It was $80 dollars with tax/s/h. What a nightmare!!

I'm not short either-I'm 5'5" +, so I guess you need to have absolutely NO hips or be 5'7" or taller??

Honored Contributor

love antthonys sharkbite tops......i am5'7" and pear shaped and they work well on my body. when he had the two-fer TS over the summer i bought every color combination. i find them to be well made, easy to care for, and great layering pieces. these sharkbite hems are not new for him.....he has been doing them for several years at least.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I bought the Antthony TS when it was a TS over the summer. They are now with Goodwill.

The asymmetrical cut and the similar LOGO top are different. There is way too much fabric on the sides of the Antthony tops. Where they fell on me (5' 2") and being pear shaped...it really accentuated my hips. And the neckline was way too low for me. I didn't feel comfortable without a layering piece underneath.

I wanted to love them but they didn't work for me. Hopefully they will work better for others because that really is an awesome deal.

I bought the black and camel combo. I had to wear a tank top under them because the neck was too low.

Like most things I've ordered from this line, the quality is not great. You'd think I learn but I just like him so much and enjoy hearing his stories.

The scarf was really chintzy.

Trusted Contributor

I bought Antthony's tops last summer and also returned them. The fabric was too flimsy and too voluminous. I am an apple shape. I like Antthony, but these did not work. I have a few of Lori's items which have worked for me. (I cannot layer as much as she does -- would make me too warm!)

Honored Contributor

I bought the Antthony TS when it was a TS over the summer. They are now with Goodwill.

The asymmetrical cut and the similar LOGO top are different. There is way too much fabric on the sides of the Antthony tops. Where they fell on me (5' 2") and being pear shaped...it really accentuated my hips. And the neckline was way too low for me. I didn't feel comfortable without a layering piece underneath.

I wanted to love them but they didn't work for me. Hopefully they will work better for others because that really is an awesome deal.

I just posted this in another thread about that combo yesterday.

I am 5'4" tall, pear shaped and all that excess fabric just sat right on each hip and was not flattering at all. There is a big difference in a top with an asymmetrical bottom and a top that just has excess fabric right at the hip area.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy the TS? It was cute, but I donated my previous items that were similar. I dud buy a pair of his floral pants though .
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I bought the hooded jacket in gray. had $10 Spendable Kash that was burning a hole in my pocket. I usually have pretty good luck with Antthony.
Respected Contributor

I bought his last TS. Truthfully I thought the tops were worth about $20 each. I do not think they were comparable to LG tops. The sides on Antthony's were like folded excess material that sort of hung on the hip.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my Antthony tops today. I have to say that they are very well constructed and the side wings lay flat against the leg. They do not stick out as some people were afraid of. The material drapes very well. I really thought the scarf would go into the goodwill bag; however, it's lovely and will look good with a coat that I currently have.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein