Honored Contributor

Re: If You Bought A Handbag This Color

I bought the first one this morning. My resistance didn't last.

Lilac petal Kate Spade doesn't seem to be readily available. Even on the KS site. I got it on ebay, $150 something with free shipping. NWT.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72wrote:

Still not "getting" the orange / lilac combo as the orange I am referring to is the one found in a Crayola box.   This is coral shown below with an array of others which naturally "blends" and enhances.  Nope, not loving it if you just look at lilac and orangy-orange.  

ffe6b7eed94d4d25e2fdf0a5587ea62d.jpg

I'm seeing orange and coral and many shades in between.  I think they enhance and complement each other.  They look great together.

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful colored handbags like this one always catch my eye and I want to purchase it!  I have found that I am someone who hesitates to just wear any color with anything.   I also love leather handbags so I lean more towards neutrals that I will wear more!

If I do choose to buy a pastel color I will go for a fake leather just to be practical.   That is just me! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Love the first color. It's part of the summer palette in color coding. All of the colors are clear and bright, not muted.  (Although the lavendar didn't copy well.).

It will go will go with any of these colors plus all of the neutrals.

Image result for carole jackson summer palettes

Respected Contributor

Wow, the color is gorgeous.....may have to think about this. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

I bought the first one this morning. My resistance didn't last.

Lilac petal Kate Spade doesn't seem to be readily available. Even on the KS site. I got it on ebay, $150 something with free shipping. NWT.

Enjoy @Greeneyedlady21! Looks like you have inspired others with the joy of a lilac handbag Heart Happy Spring Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Almost a year ago, I bought a bright orange Dooney - small leather pebbled crossbody. I didn't use it as it didn't match most of my clothes. Last week I received my Liz Claiborne Vanilla Floral Print Jean Jacket from QVC (A253759) - and it was a perfect match. There's lots of orange in the jacket and I enjoyed wearing my jacket and purse. 

In the future I could wear all navy, all black, etc - and then I could use this purse. Sometimes I'm a little too picky - wanting everything to match - it just has to blend.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh

We're just the opposite --- I change my purse - and the color - every day. It needs to match what I'm wearing - especially my shoes.