Honored Contributor

If You Bought A Handbag This Color

What colors in clothing would you pair it with? A while back there was a purple thread in the handbag forum. I saw this Kate Spade color in an email today, it's called lilac petal. The bags are the same color, they look quite different to me in the photos.

I see it with a monochromatic outfit, maybe navy. Or a print top with jeans, when the print has a bit of lilac in it. Or maybe the right shade of a darker purple top with jeans?

I'd be so tempted to buy a bag in this color, but how much would I use it? I prefer the way the color looks in the second bag, but the first one appears to be the accurate color. Accdg to Google.

s-l400.jpg1681988569-2351-1500-1500.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: If You Bought A Handbag This Color

I think you just have to take it and run with it.  Make it work with a scarf or jewelry or an accessory, or even a color combination that is unique.

Honored Contributor

I think that would go with many different colors -- black, white, gray, some blues. I see them with cool colors. I, too, prefer the second shade, but both are nice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m one of those weird people. 

I have a gazillion billion purses. I change into a different purse every Monday morning. 

And then I carry it for the rest of the week. I don’t care if it matches or doesn’t match what I’m wearing. I just pick the purse I want to carry for the week and I carry it. 

The only time I ever change for a specific outfit is if I’m going to a funeral. 

To the OP, that lilac colored Kate Spade is gorgeous. I’d carry it with anything. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

LOVE that color and I'd wear it with EVERYTHING!!

Frequent Contributor

These bags are beautiful, especially the first. I would put this with anything. The beauty in that purse would fogive any clashing of colors in my outfit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Karl Lagerfeld bag today in this color and I LOVE it!  I thought about it for several days, and decided that my clothing colors tend to be solids, and a lot of black, white, ivory, navy, pink, lilac, pale robin's egg blue, cream, even dark espresso brown.  They all look great with the soft dusty lilac.  

Mostly I wanted it with black/grey/white combos, all white, all black, white and ivory, etc.,  and for me, lilac IS the pop of color!  

My husband was with me when I bought this bag, and he said "are you getting 'that' color?"  meaning the lilac, and then when I checked out, the 3 sales ladies were all oohing over the lovely bag (it's really pretty) and especially the color.  

ETA:  I really like it with dark olive or khaki too, stunning.  The bag you show is gorgeous, great classic style.

Honored Contributor

I would guess at white, off white, beige, grey, black, pink, purple, yellow and some shades of green.  Also with prints that have a close color.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21In the late 1980's to early '90's I actually had a gorgeous bag and matching snakeskin (really!) leather heels in that color (or very, very similar). I wore the bag and heels with a tweed suit and a deep purple mock neck sweater. It was a stunning outfit. In the warmer months, those shoes and bag were often wore with navy, light grey or ivory silks or linens. And floral dress! The heels are long gone, but the bag is still in the closet. (Memories only.)  Buy one of those bags! You'll have so much enjoyment. Either one is a stunning handbag. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

If you like it, buy it, you only go around once. It's a gorgeous handbag.