Respected Contributor

Re: If Someone Opened Your Clothing Closet What Would They See?

as an admitted neat freak, my closet is organized. I have several shelves holding folded sweaters, shoes and things I don't use every day.

Clothing is hung by type and color--all sleeveless together etc. I gradually transferred everything to huggable hangers ( the BB &B ones) so everything hangs very neatly.

All my jewelry is in safekeeper boxes on a shelf unit.

I have a round leather ottoman in there which I use to reach the top shelves and to sit on when I put on jewelery.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I like to wear jewel toned color tops and neutral bottoms so on one side - lots of color and on the other side - lots of black, navy, grey and khaki.

Super Contributor

Pared down contents after I did the closet switchover. Transitional and fall pieces are in the closet. Winter cashmere is still in the cedar chest, and winter skirts are still in a hanging bag in the guest room closet. Spring/summer clothes are now in the guest room closet (which is very small).

My closet is neat and orderly. I never lose anything in there. Clothes are organized by type and then by color.

All my shoes are kept in the original shoe boxes and stacked neatly. Most are on an upper shelf, but a few lesser-worn pairs are in two short stacks in a corner. Scarves are folded and placed on a hanging sweater shelf, along with many of the fall cardigans.

Overall, I am pleased with the look and organization of my closet.

Respected Contributor

Organized chaos, with a cat or two lounging around in there.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Super Contributor

I live in a older house without a walk in closet. I have three closets to use and I filled them up. I don't know what happened... I'm a clothes horse! I used to have all clothes in a small closet in my last house. So I organize by closet. All jackets and cards in one ( too many!), hanging shoes and nice dresses in another, skirts and tops ( arranged by color) on the the top bar of one closet with skirts on the bottom bar. On the other side of that closet I hang pants. I am thinking all of this would go into a walk in closet if I had one.
Honored Contributor

Waldo

Honored Contributor

I'm in a green-blue-turq-purple rut. Everything I've bought in years is in that family, whether solid or print.

Respected Contributor

A dress shop!

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 brewhaha said:

Waldo

I was hoping for Carmen Sandiego!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 9/26/2014 brewhaha said:

Waldo

I was hoping for Carmen Sandiego!

LOL Perfect!