Esteemed Contributor

Re: If Someone Opened Your Clothing Closet What Would They See?

Waaaaaay too many clothes.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

You would see a little bit of everything. I'm determined to keep all my clothes in one closet and one dresser. I have a medium-sized walk-in and decided that I couldn't possibly need any more than what would fit in there. This closet also keeps all my jewelry, scarves, belts, you get the picture - it's a one-stop shop. Only exceptions are shoes, which are all in my entry closet because I take off my shoes when I enter and put them on only when I leave. Entry closet also holds my outerwear, i.e. jackets, coats, gloves, hats.

Honored Contributor

Lots of black, plenty of jewel tones. No pastels; hate them.

I'm waiting for black to be the new black again. I want someone to say, "We're seeing lots of black this year!"{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

We just had our walk in done by the closet people. Everything is arranged by color and type of garment. I've waited a long time to get that done, and it truly is a complete luxury and a splurge.

It would drive me crazy to have stuff in more than one closet. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know ... I can't get in there ...

Respected Contributor

I'm lucky to have a single walk in closet off our master bedroom. The guest room closet holds my "spill over" things. DH keeps all his in his den closet except for a bathrobe hanging on a hook in mine. My space is organized by coats, pants, tops, suits, and skirts. Lots of leather of course, but many colors, not all black. My shoes and boots are on a top shelf or under the hanging clothes.

Honored Contributor

Lots of clothing in dark, grey and or black colors. Lots of neutrals. Lots of edgy clothing. Skinny leather jeans, etc. Some bright colors, but mostly tops. I have a second closet filled with leather, lamb and suede jackets and boots. Real things or Fake. Lots of stuff from department stores. Some specialty stores like Ann Taylor, etc. Very little QVC. Very little bags, LOL Those familiar with my posts, know I hate bags and don't buy them. I have only one bag, a Coach a gift from my sister. It sits in a corner empty and unused. Not in the closet are my premium jeans. I have over 20 of them. Folded in drawers.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/26/2014 songbird said:

Lots of clothing in dark, grey and or black colors. Lots of neutrals. Lots of edgy clothing. Skinny leather jeans, etc. Some bright colors, but mostly tops. I have a second closet filled with leather, lamb and suede jackets and boots. Real things ... Lots of stuff from department stores. Some specialty stores ...

This mirrors exactly one of my second closets ... but folded in my drawers are a lots and lots of knits, not jeans ... just donated most of my old jeans.

Respected Contributor

A huge walk in closet with complete and absolute chaos. I'm just starting to shift things around to put the fall/winter things closer to the front, and it's a hot mess. Unfortunately, in this area, we have to keep everything out all the time. Often wearing shorts at Christmas, so summer things can't be put away. I just shift things from front to back, but since you can't store anything it makes it pretty crowded in there sometimes.

Super Contributor

After losing 50 pounds, so far going from 2x/20W to M/10-12, they would see a whole lot less clothing than a year ago.

I have gone from 27 (3 nine foot closets packed) feet to about 10 linear feet.

I've been very selective when purchasing items for my new size.

Lots of Ralph Lauren, Chicos, Linea, NYDJ jeans. That's it.