Respected Contributor

Re: If Someone Opened Your Clothing Closet What Would They See?

Tops arranged by color - a section of sleveless that can also be worn with a top underneath, then all length sleeves together, then a handful of dresses. White, pink, purple, blue and black. A stack of jeans and denim capris and a row of boots.

What a great question!

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 rat2e said: Skeletons! : ) Couldn't resist. Happy Halloween!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Summer and fall clothes ! In NJ the weather is chilly in the morning but beautiful in day. So, lately for work might wear jeans or capris. But, its starting to fade out wearing capris and summer tops. My sandal days might be over {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} ! My work is very hot, so I only wear cardigans.

Valued Contributor

I have no walk in closets so I can only fit so much. The shoes that are not in season or more formal are kept in clear shoe boxes on the top shelf. My day to day shoes are on a small rack on the floor of the closet and hold maybe 8 pairs. I don't hang items by color but by types such as capris together, short sleeves, long sleeves etc. I need to thin down and try to do that at least twice a year. One of our bedrooms is used as a office and there, I store out of season clothing. Again, limited space but maybe that is good because when I do buy something I really think about storage {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Before RA ten years ago, one would have seen a very organized, professional looking closet.

Now? One of my girls pulled out one of the plastic shelf stands and put it next to my bed. All of my daily clothing is kept there now. I have storage boxes in the closet (no storage in this apartment), I have linen in there on the top shelf (no linen closet either), boots and shoes all over the place, and no organization to the items still on shelving. I can't pick up clothing on hangers anymore, so except for jackets and coats, everything is folded on shelves, no rhyme or reason.

In other words, it's a total mess!! I'm afraid to go in there.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Clothing in 4 different sizes and MANY clothes till having tags hanging off of them

Super Contributor

Nothing very interesting I'm afraid. My husband owns more clothes than I do, but that is because he never gets rid of anything.
Trusted Contributor

I have a very neat, organized closet. My bottom pieces are mostly dark and solid colors. My tops are more colorful and I have many prints. I enjoy walking into my closet.

Valued Contributor

An awful MESS!

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Firefly3 said:

An awful MESS!

You are not alone!

In mine, they might even find Hoffa! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}