Esteemed Contributor

Re: If Someone Opened Your Clothing Closet What Would They See?

Well, most of my clothes are in a walk in closet that I took the door off of so I can get at the side that was originally behind the door easily. I put drapes on a closet rod where the door opening is so that there's privacy and so my closet doesn't look visible from the hallway. If you walked through the drapes, you would see a clothes organized by color and by clothing. All of my jeans are hung on a lower rung, denim jackets hung above the jeans. Dresses are in garment bags. Seasonal tops are hung on a high rung with drawers of scarves and accessories below them. Other seasonal tops are hung on another side of the closet. Out of season clothes and sweaters are in closed boxes on the shelves and some of my shoes (all in boxes) are on the floor in stacks.

I try to be organized so that it's easy to dress in the morning.

My outerwear coats are downstairs in my office for the same reason, it's easier to grab a coat on the way out the door.

Regular Contributor

I collect vintage hat boxes. Schiaparelli pink are my favorites. I have a few on display with some of my special occasion shoes. Clothes are color coded.
Contributor

I just cleaned out one of the 3 closets that house my clothes, purses and shoes. 1 bag for refuse and 4 for Goodwill. Needless to say I have a real clothes addiction. On to the largest closet next week. I have vowed that if I did not wear it this spring and summer it is going.

Respected Contributor

Looks like a Talbot's store!

Valued Contributor

They would see a g*dawful mess, but maybe this weekend I'll take the plunge and start cleaning it out Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Shoes, purses, dresses, shoe boxes, etc. and hangers with about 5 bras each on them--I put my bras on hangers.

What you would NOT see: The floor.

Regular Contributor

Hi LDOlvr.....congrats on the weight loss....please,please,tell us your methods??? (I know, eat less, move more, right??). But... What did this do to your Linea wardrobe? That's assuming that LDOlvr refers to Linea??? Did you replace what you could, alter some, or, best excuse, start over? Maybe it will inspire me......