Honored Contributor

Re: If I'm going to sit on the couch all summer....

@godi wrote:

If I don't stop snacking and sitting on the couch I'm going to need new clothes! 

@godi -I loved your response. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Why would anyone sit on their couch all summer? I don't get it. Follow all the rules and guidlines and get out of your house for Pete's sake!

@ID2 my husband is very ill and we don't go out much. 

Also, because of the virus, with him being medically fragile, I am VERY mindful of where I go and how many people I interact with.  Because I don't know who THEY have been interacting with.

I live in Georgia.  Even though we still have rising virus levels, we are pretty much open for business and they are expecting even MORE cases here. The elderly and medically fragile in our state have been asked to shelter in place till mid June. And so that's what we are doing. 

I go walking pretty much every day but I don't need new clothes for that.  

Not all of us are living in Shangri La.  There are different circumstances for ALL of us.

You are always very critical with your replies, in most threads.  For Pete's sake, please try to remember that we are not all living YOUR life. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ID2I get out every day, but not to go any place where I much care whether I'm wearing new or even newish clothes -  and so far not one person waving hello from 6 feet away has complained.

If there's anything I have come to realize as I work my way through this mess we're in, it's that for me at my age and with what my preferred activities used to be -  it's going to be very difficult to find a safe way to resume them.  

I'm with @gidgetgh -  staying close to home until I can figure out for myself what's safe.  I'm listening carefully to the details from the scientists, even the sub-texts under the politicians' headlines and not one makes me think people my age who don't have to be in public should be in public in my area.  

In my area are important words to me - in just the last 2 days, I've seen the death toll in just my county go from 199 to 224.  At my age it's hard to convince me to venture out except to walk close to home. 

Honored Contributor

I admit I miss going out and buying clothes. I did buy a few new things in early March before everything closed. I also bought 2 items from the Q. 

I’ve been home since March 15, but I have worn a couple of my new tees already. Why not? I am not going to sit around all day in a dress and heels, and I don’t put on nicer clothes for cleaning house, but I see no reason not to enjoy the clothes I have now. Nothing wrong with looking nice around the house or for a walk in the neighborhood. 

All of this will change for me this summer. I have a few doctor appointments that I need to keep so I will dress nicely for those. I am anxious about going out, but I will wear my mask & follow the protocols put in place. 

Our health department hopes to ok gatherings of less than 10 people by the end of May. Hoping to see my siblings and a few friends. That will be a few more reasons to dress up a bit, but I will still be wearing a mask. Hope others will too.

Not sure when my church will be able to reopen safely. The dresses and heels I wear for singing in the choir may be the items that stay in my closet unworn the longest. 

Trusted Contributor

I am not buying anything until or unless I go back in the office. I may lose my job. I have no desire or need for anything.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@godi wrote:

If I don't stop snacking and sitting on the couch I'm going to need new clothes! 

@godi -I loved your response. 

We might be diagnosed with "Overactive fork" if not careful!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Then I'm not buying any more new clothes.  

I did buy 2 tops at Talbots online, on a whim,  last week when they had 50% off the entire store and  2 I think from J Jill last month, also on a whim, but that's going to be it for me.

Between the virus and major health issues for my husband, we're home 99.9% of the time.

I just have absolutely no desire to buy yet more clothes that won't get worn.

And I have absolutely no desire to shop personally in ANY retail store right now.  Groceries and drug stores and that's it for me.

@gidgetgh  I’m working from home and have been buying comfortable clothes to wear while I’m doing that but, with the exception of one blouse at a great price (and I’m not sure I was wise in buying that), I stopped buying clothes for work or going out quite a while ago. I’m not going in stores at all and haven’t since this started. I’ll pick up or drive through or order for delivery. I have been able to get everything I need this way. I don’t need other clothes and have no idea when I will

I’m not sure when I’ll be asked to go back to work but I can do it all from home so I hope they let me stay here as long as possible to help keep the population at work lower.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Why would anyone sit on their couch all summer? I don't get it. Follow all the rules and guidlines and get out of your house for Pete's sake!

@ID2  I, for one, am working full time from my couch these days...

Esteemed Contributor

Given the state of things, I have no desire to risk going out and about anytime soon. My husband has Alzheimer's and I have asthma. We are both 70+ years old. Despite some politicians' pronouncements, we are not willing to die for the economy we helped to build with our lifetimes of hard work, tax paying, and sacrifice. If I have to sit on my couch this summer, so be it, I'll work out on my exercise bike and treadmill and I'll lift my free weights. 

Respected Contributor

My hubs and I are retired in Florida. We go out for walks, grocery shopping and he has a part time job. That's about the extent of our life outside the house. That said, I finally got sick of looking like a hobo 😬 so I ordered some clothes from QVC. I may look silly waring cute, pulled together outfits and makeup to walk the dog. But it's a mood lifter for me. 👍🏼

Harmonize the World