Respected Contributor

Re: If I'm going to sit on the couch all summer....

@ Star polisher..I totally understand. Not sure if u live in Northern or southern Jersey. I grew up in Northern NJ but live in NYC suburb now. I am going out on necessary trips. But otherwise, I have been a bit freaked for the past 4 weeks! Buying clothes isn’t necessary or fun anymore. My priorities have done a 180 in relation to shopping unnecessarily.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@ Star polisher..I totally understand. Not sure if u live in Northern or southern Jersey. I grew up in Northern NJ but live in NYC suburb now. I am going out on necessary trips. But otherwise, I have been a bit freaked for the past 4 weeks! Buying clothes isn’t necessary or fun anymore. My priorities have done a 180 in relation to shopping unnecessarily.

@KKlim - if you don't mind me asking, where in Nothern NJ did you grow up?  We lived in Madison for 3 years, 7th, 8th and 9th grade.  I loved it there.  Madison and the surrounding towns were just terrific.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKlim wrote:

@KKlim  I live in Central Jersey, Monmouth County. I have a son in Hudson County. He works in NY, Columbia University and a son in South Jersey, Burlington County. He works farther south in Egg Harbor.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I wasn't going to buy much anyway, but now, I have no interest in buying anything. 

I'm in Maryland, and I don't care WHAT is opened, I'll be staying close to home.  

Decided that money I would have spent on clothing, and other items, will be set aside to buy items for local animal rescues.  They cannot hold their regular fund raisers and need extra financial help.

I've got all I need and then some....so it makes me feel better to buy for someone else.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh.... I grew up in Wayne - 25 years. Now I live in Rockland County. I don’t know it well, but I’ve heard Madison is a lovely area as well!
Respected Contributor

@StarPolisger.. that’s cool..that’s nice your sons are in the vicinity as well. I lived in Wayne for 25 yrs. I always like to talk to a fellow New Jerseyan...Stay safe!
Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@StarPolisger.. that’s cool..that’s nice your sons are in the vicinity as well. I lived in Wayne for 25 yrs. I always like to talk to a fellow New Jerseyan...Stay safe!

@KKlim 

Thank you! I'm familiar with Wayne. Both my son's graduated from Willy P!(William Paterson University)😁 you be safe also!😷

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think it's an excellent opportunity to develop a new perspective on constantly purchasing more and more clothing. People might just find that that have far more than than they'll ever need.

@suzyQ3  I so agree!  I was looking at some sandals to order and stopped myself.  I have 3 pairs of sandals,one a sport sandal ,2 more dressy.  Why do I need more,for what?  I think the heady days of high consumerism are over for quite awhile.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I'm on the floor all of 4 hrs a week!  Come see me in W NC!!!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Is this any of your business or concern? How rude! Her husband has health issues and, unlike you, some people are still very worried about the PANDEMIC... YES, there is Covid-19 still spreading and increasing in many states!