Honored Contributor

Re: If I'm going to sit on the couch all summer....

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think it's an excellent opportunity to develop a new perspective on constantly purchasing more and more clothing. People might just find that that have far more than than they'll ever need.

@suzyQ3 - yes.  which was pretty much the point of my thread.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I just thnk its odd to say I am not buying anything because all of summer will be spent #shelterathome, I live in SO CA and even if shelter at home lasts 2 -3 more months, I still will have plenty of time to wear my new summer clothes purchases.

Honored Contributor

ID2

I follow the rules and guidelines and my intelligence and common sense.  However, that isn't the case with everyone who do not follow rules and guidelines and just go about their business without wearing masks, not keeping social distance and basically not caring about themselves or others. They are infringing on my freedom to move about safely.

I will go outside and sit on my deck, I will get in my car and take a drive, and when I must be out will wear a mask.

I understand what you are saying and if it works for you, that is great.  But for many of us we still are in fear of this virus and we have to do what makes us feel safe.

Respected Contributor

This is the growing season and After I planted MYSELF on the couch, I too have grown!  

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

My hubs and I are retired in Florida. We go out for walks, grocery shopping and he has a part time job. That's about the extent of our life outside the house. That said, I finally got sick of looking like a hobo 😬 so I ordered some clothes from QVC. I may look silly waring cute, pulled together outfits and makeup to walk the dog. But it's a mood lifter for me. 👍🏼

@fairydogmother ME too!  I have new t-shirts, lounging t-shirt type dresses, and some new shoes.  I want to look nice.  Maybe that is more important because I am home--anyway I feel that way.  I don't want to turn into a slob!  

Being dressed helps me feel better about myself and the whole situation, and it is kind to my husband as well!   And I bought a couple of easy care Susan Graver long dresses for wearing on the patio and mailbox!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

I find that I wear most of the same clothes all the time. I have my favorites and I reach for them all the time. I don’t need all the stuff I used to. I guess it depends on where you are in your life. I was a shopaholic most of my life. I guess the pendulum has swung the other way. I am more frugal now. I also don’t go into an office everyday. Makes a difference.
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh..don’t mind what some snarky posters might say.. it’s insensitive. Each person is different then the next + have different health issues..My sister lives in Powder Springs, GA , so I know metro Atlanta opened for business last week. Good luck to u + your husband!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKlim wrote:
@gidgetgh..don’t mind what some snarky posters might say.. it’s insensitive. Each person is different then the next + have different health issues..My sister lives in Powder Springs, GA , so I know metro Atlanta opened for business last week. Good luck to u + your husband!

@KKlim - thanks.  I mostly just roll my eyes.  

The point of my original post was really that if I/we are going to be home much more this summer, because of the virus, health issues, economic situation, whatever, I have just decided that I'm not that interested in adding tons of pieces of clothing to my wardrobe right now.

I think, no, I KNOW, that I have way too many clothes even though I've pared them down quite a bit.  I also have way too many purses and have literally carried the same one since mid March.

One's circumstances sometimes just can change how you look at things.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I'm in a Hot Spot. NJ. I wont be buying any new clothes. Don't need them as I will be sitting on my couch all summer! My choice! My health! My life! I may buy some new masks though. Because I will be trying to, not only protect my life but also the lives of others!😷

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh... of course, I understand your valid concerns.. I just don’t like when people have to get unnecessarily snarky w/ their replies . Stay well + safe!