Honored Contributor

If I'm going to sit on the couch all summer....

Then I'm not buying any more new clothes.  

I did buy 2 tops at Talbots online, on a whim,  last week when they had 50% off the entire store and  2 I think from J Jill last month, also on a whim, but that's going to be it for me.

Between the virus and major health issues for my husband, we're home 99.9% of the time.

I just have absolutely no desire to buy yet more clothes that won't get worn.

And I have absolutely no desire to shop personally in ANY retail store right now.  Groceries and drug stores and that's it for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If I'm going to sit on the couch all summer....

If I don't stop snacking and sitting on the couch I'm going to need new clothes! 

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone sit on their couch all summer? I don't get it. Follow all the rules and guidlines and get out of your house for Pete's sake!

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you are getting out less, it's a good idea to wear what you have before buying more. I need more slacks but decided to go through my capri pants this summer.

Honored Contributor

I understand your feelings.  I purchased a few things from Walmart online but these were stay at home items.  Stretchy comfit bottoms and comfy tops.  I have plenty of other clothing to wear if I would actually get to go somewhere, as in, out to dinner, church, real shopping, meeting friends, etc., but since this is not likely to happen any time soon, I don't see the point of purchasing anything new of a going out nature.  It will just set and languish in the closet and that will not be fair to it!! LOL.  I have seen a few things online but if I can't wear it now, I won't buy it!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Why would anyone sit on their couch all summer? I don't get it. Follow all the rules and guidlines and get out of your house for Pete's sake!

@ID2 Where are you going?  Seriously I need some ideas!

Under normal circumstances in addition to going to the gym several times a week, out to lunch & dinner with friends & family, my 2x a month mah jongg group and my regular nail salon visits, DH and I like to go to the beach once a week in the summer. I'm afraid that none of these things will happen.

So far this year I see they are still selling seasonal beach tags to the NJ town that we normally go to but if I can't sit on the beach or use a rest room I will not be going.  It's an hour drive each way. Right now that's still up in the air.

I do not plan on sitting on the couch...as long as the weather isn't too hot I bought myself a zero gravity lounger for sitting in the back yard instead and getting some sun.

Besides going for a neighborhood walk I need some ideas of what to do & where we can go this summer...I understand the OP's sentiments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I never liked Summer, usually wear what I have adding a few pieces when needed, Fall and Winter are more my style and I have been taking advantage of some good online sales. 

For Linea fans, considering Covid-19, QVC asked Louis Dell'Olio if he thought anyone would be interested in buying Christmas holiday clothing. He is asking for opinions on his Facebook page. So far, everyone who answered said, yes, they are looking forward to dressing up.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Anyone who lives in the southwest pretty much knows going outside for more than a few minutes isn't going to happen. There are weeks when the low is in the 90's and highs pushing 120. It can be close to 100 by 7 am. and it won't cool down until October. Then we can go outside. So until Halloween we are stuck inside unless one wants heat exhaustion or a bad sunburn. Yes we can go in the pool but even that is hot.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same way about not buying new clothes.  Summer is a short season as it is and we'll be lucky if some restrictions are lifted by June (I live in NY).  I did buy a few tops last month from J.Jill, but I think that will be it for me.  They are offering 40 % off even on new items, but I think I'll save my money for now.

Respected Contributor

I feel like I need to get outside every day.  I pack my lunch and drive to a good spot around town and either people or nature watch.  

I sat in the parking lot yesterday for Kroger and it was hard to miss; I was stunned the number of folks not wearing masks, especially the shoppers who were at least over 80 yrs old!  😷