Honored Contributor

If I love something, I REALLY LOVE IT!

Going back in time- YEARS AGO, there was a Quacker Factory set of "Critters", a black skirt that may have been the upsell, and three T-Shirts, three different colors and each with a sequined "critter", a butterfly, a dragonfly, and a lady bug.

I LOVED that set and always felt great when I wore it. Then one day, DH decided to do his semi-annual load of laundry, and threw all three Ts in with his Jeans and workshirts 😡.

The sequins were ruined, naturally, but I couldn't stand throwing them (or DH) away, so they stayed in a packing box for several year until our recent move. 

Looking for donations, I found them. Still couldn't part with them.

A new, large full service cleaner/laundry/tailoring shop opened recently in our new neighborhood, and I took them. They fixed the sequins!

Result, just like me, older, a little more wrinkled, but up for the job! Wearing the skirt and one of the tops this weekend!

Honored Contributor

Re: If I love something, I REALLY LOVE IT!

@violann......So glad you were able to find someone that could repair them!!

I know what you mean, though, about favorite clothing. I have a camel hair coat that I continue to keep because I just love it. Clothing sometimes can really add joy to our lives!

Honored Contributor

Yep -   I'm like that.   Over the past year, I lost a ton of weight.  The doctor is pleased -  but not as much as my tailor.  I just can't stand to get rid of some of my favorite things without first trying to make them wearable.

@violannPerfect time of year for those Quacker critters.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Going back in time- YEARS AGO, there was a Quacker Factory set of "Critters", a black skirt that may have been the upsell, and three T-Shirts, three different colors and each with a sequined "critter", a butterfly, a dragonfly, and a lady bug.

I LOVED that set and always felt great when I wore it. Then one day, DH decided to do his semi-annual load of laundry, and threw all three Ts in with his Jeans and workshirts 😡.

The sequins were ruined, naturally, but I couldn't stand throwing them (or DH) away, so they stayed in a packing box for several year until our recent move. 

A new, large full service cleaner/laundry/tailoring shop opened recently in our new neighborhood, and I took them. They fixed the sequins!

Result, just like me, older, a little more wrinkled, but up for the job! Wearing the skirt and one of the tops this weekend!

Wonderful that you could revive something you loved to wear!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

OMG Violann!!..I still have the dragonfly...never wore it..I must find it! Glad you found them..and they can be fixed!!!!!

GUESS WHAT??? I just found the cherries and the dragonfly..still wrapped in plastic! So...I put them on my shabby chic throw pillow..my bedroom is very feminine..it looks cute! They are wired too..so you can move the df's wings! Thanks dear..you made my day! My mom used to buy lots of QF..so I think she shared these 2 w/me! Happy memories! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I purchased a long camel's hair coat many years ago. After the tailor shortened it to just below knee length, there was plenty of fabric for him to fashion a loosely tied belt. I wore it until the elbows were showing age. 

I took it back to the tailor and he cut it up and made throw pillows for me. They are neutral, like my living room and very cozy. 

I just couldn't part w/ that coat. 

Honored Contributor

Camel hair coats were iconic in my family. My mom and her four beautiful sisters always had them, and as the oldest, and shortest, my mom was frequently the recipient of taller sisters' handmedowns.

I remember the big REAL MOP buttons.