Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S FALL/WINTER AT THE Q

I rather like a sprinkling of darker, vivid colors into the mix of other Spring colors.  Dark berries/cherries, such as in LOGO TSV and other Q brands.   jmo, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've been surprised they have so many dark drab colors in the Denim and Co. Capris.  I notice the pretty summer colors are mostly sold out while the dusty rose and olive ones are still hanging around unloved!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is in the 90's all week here in Chicago area so the last thing I want to see or buy are fall/winter clothes.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I waited a long time for warm weather to come to the east coast.I'm holding on for dear life.I have absolutely no interest in any hint of fall clothes!! I'm loving my capris,pedal pushers,sleeveless tops, & sandals!!☀️🏝🍹

Honored Contributor

L

@Shanus wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus

Im so glad you posted this I was thinking the same thing while watching PM STYLE last night....not much on after the NBA game......  And I couldnt believe all the jackets, long sleeves, and colors perfect for FALL/WINTER ..............of course you better grab fall things now...in couple weeks Christmas In July will take over and then QVC will jump right into heavy coats and sweaters and you'll never see any fall clothes................animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

No biggie. That's typical for retailers. They are still offering summer items. Many of us are done shopping for summer. 

Nordstrom Anniversary sale -new Fall items at sale pricing is always in July. 

But I know that some love to complain daily and weekly about Q, so carry on Woman LOL

@Chi-town girl  I understand how the seasons of clothing arriving in stores work all too well. I grew up in a family of clothing manufacturers and orders were delivered a season  before it was on the calendar.

My beef with the Q is the hard sell w/ " last order or only order of the year".....for a coat when it's not even July?

@Shanus - it probably is the last order (s) for summer season. I don't see it as hard sell at all.

I shop at a variety of places so if one retailer doesn't have it, someone else might.

Lol, but the doom & gloom comments will continue & I will post responses as I deem Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The few fall items shown on LOGO TSV Day on Monday were this past fall's.  Not new ones.

Trusted Contributor

When I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue, the first day of summer the winter coats came out!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus

Im so glad you posted this I was thinking the same thing while watching PM STYLE last night....not much on after the NBA game......  And I couldnt believe all the jackets, long sleeves, and colors perfect for FALL/WINTER ..............of course you better grab fall things now...in couple weeks Christmas In July will take over and then QVC will jump right into heavy coats and sweaters and you'll never see any fall clothes................animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

No biggie. That's typical for retailers. They are still offering summer items. Many of us are done shopping for summer. 

Nordstrom Anniversary sale -new Fall items at sale pricing is always in July. 

But I know that some love to complain daily and weekly about Q, so carry on Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I waited a long time for warm weather to come to the east coast.I'm holding on for dear life.I have absolutely no interest in any hint of fall clothes!! I'm loving my capris,pedal pushers,sleeveless tops, & sandals!!☀️🏝🍹

This is exactly what I was thinking. We've only had a week of warm weather in New England so we've only just put AWAY our warm winter clothes, ha ha.  It's finally summer and now we are seeing these dark, heavy clothes. It doesn't bother me, per se, but I'm not inclined to buy anything for winter at this time.

Respected Contributor

Good heavens, there are still loads of spring/summer items to be found. As I stated on the other thread about this topic, some of what people here consider to be fall fashion, I do not. Just because something is in a darker, richer color, it is not necessarily a fall item. Many retailers continue to offer lightweight sweaters, jackets, and long sleeved blouses throughout the spring and summer.