Honored Contributor

Re: IN COLDER WEATHER, SOCKS OR NOT?

@Peaches McPhee   Don't get it either. Was at the mall and noticed girls and women w/o socks...3"-4" of chill bumps showing between ankle boots and rolled jeans. Mall has a/c cranked up to push the wool clothing since warm weather lasted so long. I always have a sweater w/ me....and socks. 

Super Contributor

I HATE socks so I avoid them when at all possible. Last year I think I wore them two times.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I really dislike socks...and I go with out them until it gets super cold or it snows, then I have to give in.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 ...I will have to look into those liners.  I have tried shoe liners in the past but they could be seen...I didn't like the look.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

I HATE socks so I avoid them when at all possible. Last year I think I wore them two times.

@Carolm   Brrrr 🥶!!

Honored Contributor

I grew up in San Diego and pretty much wore sandals or went barefoot but where we are now (the land of the freezing) I have finally gotten used to freezing cold and not only will wear socks but the ultimate wool, thinsulate, make my feet warm socks.... and a pair of Merrell boots that are awesome.... style be dambed..... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

We all don't have the same bodies, some people's feet get colder than other people's.  It also depends on what you are wearing and how long you will be outside.  I don't wear sox when I wear my Ugg-like boots.  I don't need socks with them.  Other than that it depends on the weather and how long I'll be out in it.  I might not wear socks with my flats or ankle boots  if I'm wearing long pants and I'm just going from the heated car right into the heated restaurant.  Also some of us wear footless tights in the winter.  When it comes to sneakers, tend to wear socks with them because it's more comfortable but sometimes, I wear half socks so I look like I'm sockless.      

Honored Contributor

No sox. 

Respected Contributor

We don't all live in frigid climates.

I wear socks around the house as slippers.

Otherwise, I wear no show socks with my casual shoes .

I will wear trouser socks with taller boots, but I do t really like them much.  The heel always creeps up on me.

Honored Contributor

I have foot issues and wear socks year round. Cant wear slippers of any kind. Wear socks in the house also! Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller