Honored Contributor

Re: IN COLDER WEATHER, SOCKS OR NOT?

The last time I froze my tootsies off was several years ago I was waiting in line with three girlfriends to see The View.  It was in February and in the low teens.  They made us wait outside.  Even though we had tickets the line was cut about 8 people ahead of us.  

My feet were so cold after sanding for 45 minutes (I had comfortable shoes and what I thought were warm socks on) that we walked into the first open building just to warm up.   No one else had my problem.  It took me at least half an hour just for the pain of frozen toes to go away.   I told myself that never again will I get caught unprepared.  I'll make sure to have extra warm socks & a pair of toe warmers.

Once it starts to get cold (it's only been cool plus I'm not really outside) I'll wear boots more with thick crew socks.  Right now I've been wearing loafers or sneakers with no show socks.

Honored Contributor

I hold out as long as possible because I really don't like socks.  I wear the no-show peds but most of the time they fall off.  Once I'm forced (by the weather) to wear socks, I wear trouser socks.  I don't care for heavy socks at all, no matter what the temperature.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon   I've tried so many pairs of no show socks...they were always falling off of my feet.  I finally found a brand that works!..at least for me.  Bombas no show socks really stay on!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@faeriemoon   I've tried so many pairs of no show socks...they were always falling off of my feet.  I finally found a brand that works!..at least for me.  Bombas no show socks really stay on!

@haddon9  THANK YOU!!!  Going to check them out right now!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon   You're welcome!  I hope they work for you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

The only time I do not wear socks is in the summertime when I am wearing sandals.  

Whew @Carmie 

Glad to hear no socks w/ sandals!  Otherwise, I would have to tease you about that!  LOL

I laughed too.  When I was first married, we moved to a rural area.  The locals invited my DH and me to a neighborhood picnic.  We went.  I wore Bermuda shorts, a pullover shirt and sandals.

When we got there, most of the women had on short-shorts and sandals with those white fuzzy knee high socks.  I thought it was strange and funny looking.

Afterwards, the women talked behind my back saying I was a loose women and showed off my legs.  It got back to me and I laughed.

It was fun walking around town being loosie goosie.  My DH cracked up too.