Honored Contributor

Re: IN COLDER WEATHER, SOCKS OR NOT?

The only time I do not wear socks is in the summertime when I am wearing sandals.  I do not wear athletic shoes or sneakers.

Once I put the sandals away, the socks come out.  Without socks, my feet rub in the shoes and I think it is more hygienic to wear socks which can be washed. 

Going without socks can lead to corns, blisters and bunions.  Socks protect the feet against bacteria and limits odor.

i do not have any problems with my feet or toe nails and will continue to wear socks.  I also don't like the look of going sockless in the cold weather...so silly to be wearing a snow parka with bare feet.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wear socks in winter

I wear socks all winter.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I always put on socks the minute I get home, but at work, the seam gets under the ball of my foot and it's terribly painful to the point I can hardly get to my car. 

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@RespectLife 

I also live in Buffalo. You're right about inventing winter.  But I wear socks because my tootsies are the only part of my body that gets cold! Besides, I like wild patterned socks.

@Buffalogal47 

Hi neighbor!  My DIL LOVES crazy patterned socks too!  The wilder the better!

I'm actually in Southern Niagara county so I don't get the snow as bad it can be.

too high for Lake Erie and low enough from Lake Niagara, we seem to miss a lot of the big storms.  Knock on my wooden head, I probably just jinxed us for this year!

Honored Contributor

I wear socks in cold weather. I wear socks around the house instead of slippers or being barefoot. I wear socks in sneakers all year. I have crew socks, ankle socks, warm fuzzy socks, trouser socks & no show socks. 

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife 
I'm on the Amherst/Clarence border. I have a feeling that we are all going to get socked this year no matter what part of WNY we're in. Stay warm!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The only time I do not wear socks is in the summertime when I am wearing sandals.  

Whew @Carmie 

Glad to hear no socks w/ sandals!  Otherwise, I would have to tease you about that!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 

That is such a lovely area!

Say it isn't so, a bad winter.....I was born and raised in the wrong neck of the woods cuz I dislike cold and I dislike snow...and I dislike GREY all winter long!  LOL

But we love our Bills!

Honored Contributor

I'm the one who you'll see in the men's department, squeezing socks!  (lol)

Looking for the socks with the thickest cushioning.  The thicker, the better during late Fall/Winter months.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

It's just common sense - if it's cold, wear socks.  If it's not cold, don't wear socks.  Be comfortable.  I have a wardrobe of socks in various colors and fabrics for different types of shoes.  So, definitely, socks are a big 'yes' for me!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt