Respected Contributor

Re: IN COLDER WEATHER, SOCKS OR NOT?

I only wear socks when I'm working out or running.  They just seem like an unnecessary accessory.  My feet get really hot in boots without them, and the rest of the time I'm in thong sandals and/or in the house.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Out came the socks couple days ago, which means Vionic thongs and sandles are put away for the winter. Birkenstock Arizona, Zurich and closed-toe clogs will be worn all winter; Birkis also worn summer without socks. I like patterned socks that make me smile until the weather gets really cold, then the wool socks are worn.  When my feet and lower legs are warm, I am warmer all over!

Honored Contributor

Other than open sandals, I always have something on my feet- socks, trouser socks, knee-high hosiery or pantyhose. Just thought of bare feet in Shoes or boots gives me “the willies.”
Honored Contributor

I live in Buffalo.

We invented winter.

I never wear sox.

My shooties cover my ankles at a minimum, my boots go even higher.

Now granted, I am not out playing in the snow, skiing or snow boarding!

Honored Contributor

I have not worn socks for years so it is nothing new to me.  I also have Uggs and I never wear socks with them; however, if it is really cold, I will wear socks with shoes or regular boots but not my Uggs.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Not everyone gets cold the same way. I'm in an office where everyone is in the same temperature regulated environment and one person is freezing and wearing a blanket, one person is fine, and one has a fan on. They're all dressed about the same.

I assume that adults choosing not to wear socks are probably not worried about cold feet. Either way, I'm not going to worry about someone else's feet unless I'm responsible for dressing that person.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I wear socks in the winter....it's cold here. I have sherpa lined house slippers....I don't wear socks with those.

Honored Contributor

Socks for me.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife 

I also live in Buffalo. You're right about inventing winter.  But I wear socks because my tootsies are the only part of my body that gets cold! Besides, I like wild patterned socks.

Honored Contributor

I wear socks in my shoes all the time---think they save your shoes from becoming smelly from sweaty feet and I have cold feet.  ---of course not when I wear sandals. Not a fashon maven so don't care what the style is---my feet get cold!!!!