Honored Contributor

Re: IN COLDER WEATHER, SOCKS OR NOT?

In cold weather, socks.  Sandals and flip flops, nope.

Respected Contributor

I never wear heavy socks, only trouser socks or no-show socks. If I'm going to be outdoors and it's really cold, I'll wear Uggs  without socks.

Respected Contributor

I don’t wear socks if the temperature is at least double digits except no shows with my running shoes. I also wear knee high trouser socks with my tall boots so the zipper doesn’t snag my skin.
Honored Contributor

Not socks, but never bare--  I hace a good collection of tights!  Sometimes layer short socks over tights for texture and a more interesting look...

Honored Contributor

On very rare occasions.  I had to get a treadmill test in February and was forced to wear sneakers and therefore, wore socks to prevent blisters.  

Honored Contributor

My feet are always cold. Socks all year round.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I don't wear socks is when I have on my Birkis or other sandals, in the summertime.

In the wintertime, with several feet of snow, I absolutely wear socks, indoors and out.  Going out to plow or shovel without them, in sub-zero weather, would be madness.  Frostbite is not a good look.

I seldom wear heels anymore, so nylons or tights aren't really an issue.  I'm one who hates tights!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 ...I will have to look into those liners.  I have tried shoe liners in the past but they could be seen...I didn't like the look.

Make sure you get the "Secret Sleuth" ones. Those are the ones with the least amount of coverage that they make. I also have some of the "Hide and Seek" ones, but they're really only good for athletic shoes - they show with everything else. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I always wear socks in colder weather. In the Summer I always wear them with my sneakers. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I wear shooties/booties with no show socks a lot.  

If I am wearing flats, I always have socks of some sort on.  I never go barefooted in the cold weather months.