Respected Contributor

Anyone have experience with Iman's jeans?

I had decided to quit with brands I don't know, that are trial & error online, or jeans for a deal.  Decided to spend a bit more for the good jeans I'm familiar with that I like, like Tribal, Liverpool etc.

It is just so hard buying and getting it right on home shopping. Though I did have luck with a skinny Diane Gilman TS this past year...nothing fancy but just a good pair to wear while most of my others don't quite fit again yet!

But I'm such a jeans girl, I look at them all, and I was looking at the Iman TS today...they look nice. Any thoughts or experience with her jeans? Anyone trying her TS today?

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few pairs of her 360 jeans and they are comfortable and keep their shape.

Sizing is pretty true, I am generally a 12 in pants but I do go up to the 14 in her line.

It's just a bit more room, if you like the snug fit, go with your regualr size.  I've been fairly happy with her items, a few tops didn't work out great but I really like the jeans.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @LindaSal helpful info.

I just looked at the garment sizing, and the only thing making me hesitant is her waist sizing. I'm a size 4 (barely right now!), and usually I'm a 27" waist. Her size 4 is a 28 1/2" waist, which seems a bit bigger than the average size 4 jean. I hate to get that waist gap..and I'm losing a few pounds, and trying to take off the rest of pandemic pounds.

Ugh...lol....THIS is why I keep saying I'm going to quit all the guesswork by buying jeans online, at least brands I don't already own and know my sizing in.

But they keep sucking me back in! 🤣👖

I may still try them. Have to do a quick inventory...I might need a new white pair, and I also like the gray.

Tks again! 

Esteemed Contributor

Could it be that they are midrise?  If so the "waist" is actually a midhip measure and would be larger.

Honored Contributor

Re: IMAN’s TS jeans?

[ Edited ]

The "Straight-Leg" version doesn't look like a straight-leg to me. Looks more like a tapered/slim leg.

What is this angled seam for on the back side? Looks odd to me.

IMAN Global Chic 360 Secret Sculpt Skinny Jean

Regular Contributor

Sorry, can't say that I have experience with her jeans.  But have to say, those WHITE ones are gorgeous in either the skinny or straight.  Following this thread to see how sizing works as those are certainly calling my name.

Seannie

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb   I took a chance on the white skinny.   I am a size 4, 125 pounds 26-27 inch waist. 5.3.5.   I ordered the Sz2 Petite.  I need a new pair of white jeans and I went with the garment measurements.   One of the models was in a size 4 and she was definitely taller but her overall body, legs, hips was much larger than mine so I went with the size 2.  It appears there was a lot of stretch in the waist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where are the garment measurements charts?? I see only the size/fit charts. It's almost like buying something while blindfolded.

Valued Contributor

Looking at them, too. I am also a size 27. 
I think they look tight on all models. Lots of thigh lines.

Also, petite length 26, regular 29. 
Just talked myself out of them.

Good luck to those who order.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm only thinking, where exactly do they (in general, not Iman's) consider a 'waist' is?

My real waist is higher (and smaller) than where the waistline of the jeans sit. 

Which seems to be  right around the top portion of the tummy, below the belly button.

So shall I measure that part,  a few inches larger than my true smaller 'waist-line'?

I usually just 'guess', and size up.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. 

It's always a mystery (to me).

I guess that's why I seem to look for 'high waist' or 'super high waist' options. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).