Contributor

Re: IMAN TS-Sept 12th: Slip into Slim Stretch Denim Pants Fall Colors!!!

On 9/12/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/12/2014 manicshopper said:

To anyone that has the spring version of these from Iman - are they sorta similar to the Susan Graver Knit Jeggings that were a TSV a few weeks back? A255913

I bought the Susan Gravers (the only SG I have ever bought) - and I like them except that the waist is SOOO high! The IMAN states they sit below the natural waist, so I am thinking that has to be better than the SG mom jean+ style.

I have the IMAN Spring TS, but don't have the SG jeggings to compare. You can do a fabric comparison by looking at the website description of the fabric content for both pants. I recall seeing the SG pants and that they have a wider ankle which is very similar to the IMAN design. And the IMAN pants have a natural rise-not too high or too low IMO. No belt is needed. They don't sag or stretch out like some of my other stretch denim pants. And for those, I highly recommend the invisible belt which I see now being sold at QVC-awesome product!

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered, so I'll compare when they arrive. The SG are 94% cotton, 5 spandex - IMAN is 80%cotton, 18% poly and 2% spandex. They might be pretty similar, so it will come down to fit and if IMAN are not so high in the waist they will be the winner! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Contributor

On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:

To anyone that has the spring version of these from Iman - are they sorta similar to the Susan Graver Knit Jeggings that were a TSV a few weeks back? A255913

I bought the Susan Gravers (the only SG I have ever bought) - and I like them except that the waist is SOOO high! The IMAN states they sit below the natural waist, so I am thinking that has to be better than the SG mom jean+ style.

They aren't like a knit...they are like real pants, with just a little stretch - enough to keep them looking neat.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I have the IMAN Spring TS, but don't have the SG jeggings to compare. You can do a fabric comparison by looking at the website description of the fabric content for both pants. I recall seeing the SG pants and that they have a wider ankle which is very similar to the IMAN design. And the IMAN pants have a natural rise-not too high or too low IMO. No belt is needed. They don't sag or stretch out like some of my other stretch denim pants. And for those, I highly recommend the invisible belt which I see now being sold at QVC-awesome product!

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered, so I'll compare when they arrive. The SG are 94% cotton, 5 spandex - IMAN is 80%cotton, 18% poly and 2% spandex. They might be pretty similar, so it will come down to fit and if IMAN are not so high in the waist they will be the winner! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I hope they work, and that you love them! If yes, you will be back for more. HSN does it right--5 off each addtl, and 6 s&h is the max that you pay for all fashion, shoes & accessories ordered today. Even separate orders.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

These pants are NOT leggings and don't fit like them. They're a woven fabric but not denim. I have about 10 pairs from last fall and spring and the clearance sale. I wouldn't be wearing them if they were clingy or form-fitting. They're just a flattering straight leg pant. If you wear shirts untucked, nobody will ever see the tag which is very small. I order up one size from my usual D&C size.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/11/2014 Knitgirly said:

They look very tight- I am not comfortable in skin-tight skinny pants and leggings. They always feel scratchy to me. Wishin' trouser-cut or bootleg were back (but not odd jeanie-type pants).

Just check out the sizing and order accordingly. I bought my regular size and they were fantastic. My waist is 11 inches smaller than my hips - typical hourglass (with a little more "sand" than I prefer!) These pants fit me much better than DG2. They aren't as stretchy and are crisper looking. I already have black & indigo skinny jeans, so I passed on those colors. I think the black would be a great place to start.

I think the models wear ALL the pants on HSN way too tight! And the high heel pumps look "off too".

I got red & yellow in the spring in the petite length to wear with flat sandals (I'm 5'4").

This time I'm getting gray & teal in the regular length to wear with medium heel shooties.

Thanks for the info, I might give them a try... I can wear them to work!

Contributor

In the presentation I saw early this morning, the very thin models, looked fabulous. However if you have fuller thighs or are curvy - the look was not very becoming. I notice a fuller figure drew the eye to the crotch area. I did not see any models who represent my size 14-16 showcasing the product, so I'll watch again tonight.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 NC1Customer said:

In the presentation I saw early this morning, the very thin models, looked fabulous. However if you have fuller thighs or are curvy - the look was not very becoming. I notice a fuller figure drew the eye to the crotch area. I did not see any models who represent my size 14-16 showcasing the product, so I'll watch again tonight.

I think the models wear pants one size too small.

I'm a medium 8-10 and in the correct size, they look fantastic - no pulling or gapping.

If you carry your weight in your waist - with skinny legs and hips, you will probably be better off with DG2. But if you are curvy - with a distinct waist, Iman's pants fit better.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/12/2014 willdob3 said:

During the presentation I saw the host said that the color is saturated - no striations.

Up close and in the photos on the website, they sure look striated, don't they?

I think it's deceptive (photos & tv image). I can reference my IMAN denim jacket in black is very deep. But, I don't want to "talk" anyone into buying anything.

I wish HSN was in HiDef.....it would be easier to see!

They just showed a close up of the purple - and they did look a bit striated, but in a denim kind of way. And since these are called a denim pant - they may have that striation that denim has.

HSN is available in HD but not all providers have it.

I do agree that some closeups I saw online looked a bit striated & I would not want that with these pants.

Based on the description I heard & what I see online, I suspect the pans are probably more saturated than regular jeans but not as much as some. The closeup photos look striated but the full length pics look saturated.

Valued Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Favorite Son said:

OK, I just watched the replay of the midnight presentation. Why can't they ever show a pair of pants on that channel that don't look like they are absolutely painted onto the models? At least these don't have the ice cream cone effect that the DG2 skinnies always do, but it still isn't a good look to have those models sporting about in skin tight oddly colored pants. It always kills any thought I have of buying.

Exactly. I've been tempted to order these but after watching the presentation not so much.

Trusted Contributor

These look like Jeggings rather than ""slim jeans"". They look nice for skin tight leggings.

I always wonder why people write threads about HSN on QVC boards. Don't they have any boards there? Just curious.