Respected Contributor

Re: IMAN TS-Sept 12th: Slip into Slim Stretch Denim Pants Fall Colors!!!

On 9/12/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/12/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/12/2014 willdob3 said:

During the presentation I saw the host said that the color is saturated - no striations.

I notice that some colors look lighter than in person, esp photos. The charcoal is a deeper tone than how it appears in the photo. I have the recent TS coat in charcoal. Was concerned it would be a light silvery grsy, but in person, it is a nice dark gray tone. My black IMAN denim jacket is a deep jet black tone and it's been washed-no fading.
Why are you discussing HSN at qvc?

It's being discussed because this is a fashion forum.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:

During the presentation I saw the host said that the color is saturated - no striations.

Up close and in the photos on the website, they sure look striated, don't they?

They did to my eye.

Honored Contributor

I think it's deceptive (photos & tv image). I can reference my IMAN denim jacket in black is very deep. But, I don't want to "talk" anyone into buying anything.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/12/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I almost ordered a pair or 2 of these to try but then I saw the gold IMAN label on the back pocket and that's a deal breaker for me.

I also thought I'd like the moto jacket but I don't like how it looked in the presentation.

So, nada for me on Iman's stuff today.

I don't like the Iman label either, but since I wear my sweaters and tunics out - it doesn't show at all.

The tag is small and I always wear a longer top or jacket so it's not an issue. I looked at my spring TS pants, and the tag is attached to the outside and inside of the back right pocket. Not sewn in, not sure how to describe it. Does not look to be easily removed-you would have to cut it off, but perhaps you can scratch out the word IMAN.

I don't think I'd want to scratch out IMAN, then I'd just have a gold tag with scratches on it?

Anyway, sometimes I like to wear a shorter top and wouldn't want to think about whether or not the tag is showing.

No matter. I'll find another pant that suits me better. I'm not really comfortable with buying pants I can't try on and may have to pay to send back. I might have been tempted but I've changed my mind. It's all good.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:

I almost ordered a pair or 2 of these to try but then I saw the gold IMAN label on the back pocket and that's a deal breaker for me.

I also thought I'd like the moto jacket but I don't like how it looked in the presentation.

So, nada for me on Iman's stuff today.

I don't like the Iman label either, but since I wear my sweaters and tunics out - it doesn't show at all.

The tag is small and I always wear a longer top or jacket so it's not an issue. I looked at my spring TS pants, and the tag is attached to the outside and inside of the back right pocket. Not sewn in, not sure how to describe it. Does not look to be easily removed-you would have to cut it off, but perhaps you can scratch out the word IMAN.

I don't think I'd want to scratch out IMAN, then I'd just have a gold tag with scratches on it?

Anyway, sometimes I like to wear a shorter top and wouldn't want to think about whether or not the tag is showing.

No matter. I'll find another pant that suits me better. I'm not really comfortable with buying pants I can't try on and may have to pay to send back. I might have been tempted but I've changed my mind. It's all good.

I think it would be better to not have the tag or move it to the waistband. But, I hear ya-not worth compromising/buying if you don't love it.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

To anyone that has the spring version of these from Iman - are they sorta similar to the Susan Graver Knit Jeggings that were a TSV a few weeks back? A255913

I bought the Susan Gravers (the only SG I have ever bought) - and I like them except that the waist is SOOO high! The IMAN states they sit below the natural waist, so I am thinking that has to be better than the SG mom jean+ style.

Contributor

I think it's deceptive (photos & tv image). I can reference my IMAN denim jacket in black is very deep. But, I don't want to "talk" anyone into buying anything.

I wish HSN was in HiDef.....it would be easier to see!

They just showed a close up of the purple - and they did look a bit striated, but in a denim kind of way. And since these are called a denim pant - they may have that striation that denim has.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 manicshopper said:

To anyone that has the spring version of these from Iman - are they sorta similar to the Susan Graver Knit Jeggings that were a TSV a few weeks back? A255913

I bought the Susan Gravers (the only SG I have ever bought) - and I like them except that the waist is SOOO high! The IMAN states they sit below the natural waist, so I am thinking that has to be better than the SG mom jean+ style.

I have the IMAN Spring TS, but don't have the SG jeggings to compare. You can do a fabric comparison by looking at the website description of the fabric content for both pants. I recall seeing the SG pants and that they have a wider ankle which is very similar to the IMAN design. And the IMAN pants have a natural rise-not too high or too low IMO. No belt is needed. They don't sag or stretch out like some of my other stretch denim pants. And for those, I highly recommend the invisible belt which I see now being sold at QVC-awesome product!

Honored Contributor

I wish HSN was in HiDef.....it would be easier to see!

They just showed a close up of the purple - and they did look a bit striated, but in a denim kind of way. And since these are called a denim pant - they may have that striation that denim has.

I do have HSN in HiDef. I need to watch another presentation.

Honored Contributor

They aren't like a knit...they are like real pants, with just a little stretch - enough to keep them looking neat.