Honored Contributor

Re: IMAN TS-Sept 12th: Slip into Slim Stretch Denim Pants Fall Colors!!!

On 9/18/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/18/2014 2blonde said:

I received my three pair yesterday (black, grey, and blue), and they are perfect on me, just like the drawer-full I already own in both the lighter weight and the thicker weight versions. I'm very slim in the hips and legs, and a little thicker in the middle, and her XST works much better for me that the DG2, which is too loose on me even in the smallest size. For anyone who has a fuller hip, I would advise going up a size because, even with my 34" hips I have to struggle a little to get these up and over. Once I get them on, they look great, and come out of the washer and dryer looking new!

I have an hourglass shape - my waist is 11 inches smaller than my hips.

I went up a size and they fit fantastic! I got the gray - a lovely, rich looking shade...and the teal.

I also got the v neck sweater with the zippers at the hips in black & charcoal. It was thinner than I expected, but it's a sharp look!

Yes, the gray is a nice tone-looks great with my gray suede shooties. And the red is more of a burgundy tone-really nice for the fall/winter. The burgundy has striation, giving it a textural look. These pants are so comfortable!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

IMAN's platinum leggings were surprisingly comfortable. They aren't tight at all, if you order your true size. The weight makes them attractive. I was reluctant to buy them because I remember all the women who should never be in them wearing them in the seam splitting size. II swore I'd never show off that much cellulite. IMAN's are more slim knit trouser than the spandex of the 70"s. I worry about this jean however because it lets the stomach spill over in front even on the slim models.

Did any plus size woman buy and like them, would you recommend them? or should I stick with DG2. (never had a pair I didn't love and I have dozens)

Honored Contributor

Well I ended up ordering again a size up after I said I wouldn't. I was on-line last night and the price was still $39.95 and 5 flexpays with an HSN card. Now I'm only out $8.00 to see if they fit. They still have the magazine with them so if these work out, I'll get that refund. The only difference was there was $6.21 s/h but I had a free coupon code.

My SIL, who I posted above is shaped totally different than me said she got hers and they fit but are snug. She said she could have easily gone up a size. Her's are tight in the waist.

Respected Contributor

I think the photos are really misleading. They make these look like skinny jeans when they are not.

I was tempted by these pants until I watched the video. In the video, they just look like straight leg jeans on the models. I didn't think they looked flattering on anyone, but it might be because they had the wrong size on.

The pants would look more updated with a narrower opening at the bottom, and they need to get rid of that tacky Iman label on the pocket. That's a deal breaker.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I can't say anything about any other color than the black since that's what I bought. IMO these are a black trouser. I'd not call these denim pants or jeans at all. I'd wear these to work in a heartbeat.

The pants also have a narrow opening at the bottom. They are not bootcut or flared but they aren't the tight skinny leg opening either.

I agree the gold label is icky but I don't tuck in and it's on the very top of the pockets and I don't wear short shirts either so it would never show.

These are described as a slim pant, not a skinny pant so IMO they are exactly as advertised.