Respected Contributor

Re: IMAN TS-Aug 24th & Long Leather/knit gloves in great colors!

I ordered the charcoal coat, but it is already on waitlist. I hope it comes in quickly. I don't know how good hsn is with waitlist items. The gloves are awesome too
Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 insomniac said:

I love the collar on the coat, but not the belt.

As far as the gloves go, I love the colors, but not the length (they'd be a challenge to wear with long-sleeved tops).

I love the collar too! I also am not a fan of the belt. I'd tie it in back. I initially liked the teal, but I really like that black. The cognac looks nice too, but sometimes her cognac color can be a bit "brassy". I'm on the fence. The black may be one I cave on. I think it's a sharp coat.

I'm fearful the arm length on the sleeves may be too short so that's another issue.

Overall, I think the models and Amy should have sized up. Iman's jacket/coat TSV's always run a bit small or more true to brick and mortar stores.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 lucky21 said:

I like the jacket but I dont care for the collar, it looks nice when the collar is down, but I don't like it on the models when they have the collar up, I just don't know what to do, I really dont need another coat or jacket, I just bought a jacket from Issac M.

The collar is the part of the coat I like the best! I like the updated look and the moto-style top of the coat.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 jazzbabe said:

Mustangshar, can you tell me about the quality of the leather on your leather/suede jacket? I have not ordered anything from Iman before but am thinking about ordering this jacket and perhaps the gloves.

Of course I cannot speak to this one. My leather suede trench was I believe a TSV last year. It's a beautifully made jacket but IMO ran small in the shoulders so I had to size up. I do get many compliments on it.

If this jacket had a double zipper, one that opens the bottom for sitting in the car, ect. I'd get it. I love that collar! I don't need a new coat, but I was very tempted Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 8/23/2014 Mustangshar said: The jacket looks like it's too tight on some models...idn. I have a great Iman suede and leather trench, but it ran small through the shoulders. I also think you would need to unzip it while getting in the car?
I agree. Some of the models are wearing it tight. I also think Amy should size up. I would usually wear small but ordered medium so I can wear sweaters under it for layering. The knit panels will make a difference for ease and yes, I need to be able to drive in it zipped.

. OMG, I so agree with your Amy comment! I just thought it was not at all flattering on her, what's up with that? Just looked bad IMO.

Honored Contributor

Some of the HSN hosts tend to be good about mentioning that one model sized down for a closer fit, pointing out how something fits when a model wears their true size, and reminding to size up if you want to layer. I hope some of them mention those things today.

Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 8/23/2014 willdob3 said:

I am watching the jacket presentation & it is really nice. Maybe I should move back up north so I have reason to get it! I like the length, too. Most similar ones are a lot shorter. This length will be versatile.

It's more light weight b/c of the knit. Consider it a sweater. I will layer with turtleneck for added warmth, but will wear this with a sleeveless tank as a sweater with sleeves pushed up.

It really doesn't have that much knit, does it? Isn't it just the collar & a 3" strip under the arms? I think the leather is lighter weight than some, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered true to size, a M. I hope it works out for me. I'm a little worried now.

I like the collar, the length and charcoal color. It came with sunglasses. I'll tie the belt in the back also.

Mine is in packaging now. I can't wait to get it. (but I'm in no hurry to wear it! lol Summer is way to short)

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies! I think this morning host-Bobbi is wearing the right size coat in the purple tone-looks good! I hope the leather is a nice as they describe.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Well, I'm always up for considering a new piece of leather, but this is definitely a big "no" for me, even though I really like the cognac and dark blue color options. Those are such nice colors. The leather quality looks to be so-so. I don't think it looks good on anyone who has worn it. That belt isn't flattering, it is too high on many of the models, and that ribbed collar is a shaker stitch, polyester. It will be a lint trap when it is young, and a pill balled mess when it is old. I appreciate Iman's sense of style, but I think she could have done a lot better than this coat.