Trusted Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I also think they look ridiculously tight.  I picked up three pairs of Marla Wynne slouchy pants yesterday at a greatly reduced price.  As with these pants but for different reasons, I'm unsure whether they'll fit.  I got one in XS (the only black available) and two in S.  The reviews said they ran way large, while the garment measurements indicated no such thing.  Isn't there a way for us to get a reliably good fit when we order at HSN or QVC?

I have these.  In most B&M stores I'm a 6 in fitted pants.  I carry my weight in my hips.  I cannot wear MW fit and flatter pants as one size is too small in the hips and the next is too big all over.  I bought 2 pairs of the slouch pants, one grey, one black in small.  The black fit but the grey was way too big and I returned them.  When I washed the black, the elastic in the waist band became a twisted mess.

I've had a lot of problems with this line both in sizing and quality. 

MarlaWynne Slouchy Pants

Honored Contributor
@ willdob3
I respect you and your opinions but in this case we will agree to disagree LOL .To me the dye job smacks of rushing to production. Exact matches are done all the time in different fabrics . The underlying striation in the jeans bothers me too.
Respected Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I also think they look ridiculously tight.  I picked up three pairs of Marla Wynne slouchy pants yesterday at a greatly reduced price.  As with these pants but for different reasons, I'm unsure whether they'll fit.  I got one in XS (the only black available) and two in S.  The reviews said they ran way large, while the garment measurements indicated no such thing.  Isn't there a way for us to get a reliably good fit when we order at HSN or QVC?

I have these.  In most B&M stores I'm a 6 in fitted pants.  I carry my weight in my hips.  I cannot wear MW fit and flatter pants as one size is too small in the hips and the next is too big all over.  I bought 2 pairs of the slouch pants, one grey, one black in small.  The black fit but the grey was way too big and I returned them.  When I washed the black, the elastic in the waist band became a twisted mess.

I've had a lot of problems with this line both in sizing and quality. 

MarlaWynne Slouchy Pants

Thank you so much for that info, @abbeythe 8th!!  Mine have a cuff at the bottom, but they are almost the same.  I'm sure they were made from the same pattern.  I want them mostly to wear in the house and just as loungewear, so as long as they're not too ill-fitting I'll keep them if they're comfortable and not hideous.

These are the first Marla Wynne pants I've purchased.  Her fit and flatter look too tight for me, particularly the leggings.  I hate the feeling of having something too tight on my body.  I need to be able to move.  If they're not really thin leggings (like Liz Lange's at HSN), I can't wear them tight.  They pull at me and I can't relax. 

I love Marla Wynne's shirts and sweaters.  I have a few of them.  I bought a big sweater over the winter that is very cozy (the chenille one).  My favorite is a tank top that feels divine.  I love a nice soft fabric.  I thought it was synthetic, but just a couple of days ago I checked it and it is linen and cotton.  It's uncommonly soft and not wrinkly, so maybe it doesn't have a lot of linen.  I always buy her stuff on sale because the initial prices are higher than I like.  I don't go for the total look she offers from head to toe, but I love to mix her items with my other clothes. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@ willdob3
I respect you and your opinions but in this case we will agree to disagree LOL .To me the dye job smacks of rushing to production. Exact matches are done all the time in different fabrics . The underlying striation in the jeans bothers me too.

the top is poly rayon and the pant is 80% cotton . i think they tried to get the best match considering the fibers, if they were matching poly pant and poly top the match would be exact because the yarns are poly.  i had silk/rayon twinsets that matched and in order for them to stay matched i had to wash both at the same time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Chi-town girl

Wish the Iman TS were crops or capris! Then maybe I'd buy them. I got enough long skinnys..Smiley Happy

Same here, @SilleeMee. Much too hot where I am. Nice for fall, though..

Honored Contributor

Re: IMAN - June 12th TS

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline  @pinkmochi - excited for your 1st IMAN purchases! Hope you love the line as much as I do

For sizing, I agree with suggestions to not size down. Also, make sure to look at the garment sizing info. I fall between a 4 & 6, I ordered the 6.

And quite frankly, just ignore the comment about "age" and "appropriate". Some people live their lives by other's rules, not me! For the record, IMAN is 61 and has a curvy full figure. She looks great!

And, if it helps, Amy said she was wearing a 4 but could have gone down 1 or up 1 size. She also typically wears a 'short' length in IMAN 's pants, but was wearing the average length, unzipped at the ankle to drape over her pumps to give her an extended long look. 

The website photos of the models are photo shopped, that's why the pants look painted on. I notice they did the same for MarlaWynne's TS pants, they look painted on the models. It's so obvious. 

Tee

SizeXSSMLXL1X2X3X
Length23½24-1/42525-3/426½26½27-1/428
Bust37½39½41½44½47½505458
Sleeve15½16-1/41717-3/418½18½19-1/420
Sweep3638404346485256

Pant

Size24681012141616W18W20W22W24W
Waist2728293031½3334½3637½39½41½43½45½
Inseam - Avg.30303030303030303030303030
Inseam - Short28282828282828282828282828
Inseam - Long32323232323232323232323232
Hip363738394041½4344½4648505254

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:
I ordered the Indigo. I don't usually wear skinny jeans, but these look comfortable. Crossing fingers that they work. I loved her maxi TS, and I'm 5'2".

Has anyone here gotten the ombré scarf? Reviews were mixed. Thanks!

@pinkmochi - these scarves are new. They are a light summer fabric. I think similar fabric to Isaac's. I have several IM summer scarves, the IMAN fabric looks very similar. 

Read the reviews, nothing alarming. The white is not what I would choose, if you want to see an ombre effect. I like some of the pastels, but really like the richer deeper tones 

Have they presented the tiered dress or scarves? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
@Chi-town girl: I ended up getting the ombré scarf in green. I'm going to my first Sikh wedding and need something to cover my head. I'm planning on wearing the Iman Orange maxi dress with the green scarf and a jade colored statement necklace. The dress Willie good since it's conservative and will keep me covered when I sit on the floor.

I haven't seen the tiered dress presented. The models have wor the scarf, but I haven't seen it presented either.

I also caved and ended up getting the boyfriend blazer and the palazzo pants price was too good to pass up. 😬 I wasn't going to get the pants, but the reviews are really positive.
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I loved the zipper jeans back in the days - does anyone know if her jeans run small or large?  I am between a 6 and 8 in most and I will need the tall since I am 5'9.  Thinking of Black, White, Indigo...... can always return if they don't work out.

I think they run a bit large or some are tts.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:
@Chi-town girl: I ended up getting the ombré scarf in green. I'm going to my first Sikh wedding and need something to cover my head. I'm planning on wearing the Iman Orange maxi dress with the green scarf and a jade colored statement necklace. The dress Willie good since it's conservative and will keep me covered when I sit on the floor.

I haven't seen the tiered dress presented. The models have wor the scarf, but I haven't seen it presented either.

I also caved and ended up getting the boyfriend blazer and the palazzo pants price was too good to pass up. 😬 I wasn't going to get the pants, but the reviews are really positive.

@pinkmochi - your outfit for the wedding sounds beautiful Heart

The palazzo pant sets are really nice. You got a great price. Enjoy!