Honored Contributor

Re: IF IT LOOKS BAD ON MODELS....

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

But, seeing it on someone would let me get a feel for the fabric (flow,  stiffness, etc.) and whether or not there are any issues such as a mistake in the cut or bad cut or something sticking out in the wrong place, weird bust darts, etc.

@ILTH 

A recent Lisa Rinna top is an example where we were all totally misled by seeing it on a model.

It was A341679.  I bought two of them when they were marked down to $20.  When I opened the package, it was immedately apparent what the problem was when it was shown on TV.  Worn correctly - it's a nice fitting blouse.

The pocket and darts fall in the correct place when you place the shoulder seam where it was designed to be placed.  The back is wrapped to the front at the shoulder seams .... the seam is not designed to sit at the top of the shoulder. 

The only thing I can figure out - is that the V is cut rather low - so they just pushed the blouse back on the shoulders to raise the neckline, thereby messing up the darts and pocket.  And ... gave the models two sizes to small to wear.

Funny that QVC should be concerned about low necklines, but frequently present fannies clothed in blue sausage casing disguised as jeans. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  The other day I saw a vendor shining all over her face (she just applied a foundation) and it was horrible.  A radiant look should be very subtle.  She looked foolish.  Did you ever notice how the Logo models look?  Heaven help us!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  The other day I saw a vendor shining all over her face (she just applied a foundation) and it was horrible.  A radiant look should be very subtle.  She looked foolish.  Did you ever notice how the Logo models look?  Heaven help us!

@Katcat1   Unfortunately, I’m more conscious of a really bad makeup look...too heavy on foundation/concealer, over doing highlighter/contour and the application of a powder all over the face that settles in lines and wrinkles. Also many eye makeup looks on Q are not only way over the top, but out of style (by at least a decade), aging and badly blended. It’s not a great way to sell makeup!!!

Super Contributor

I saw that vendor with the shiny face, that looked awful.  

Honored Contributor

Many times something doesn't look good on a model because it's either too big for them because of Q's vanity sizing or they have the model stuffed in a size too small.

I know my size and I know what colors look good on me.  Just because they are models doesn't mean everything is going to look good on them.  If I think it's right for me, I buy it.  It doesn't matter what it looks like on a model, unless there are glaring quality issues.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

...and please stop telling me petites can wear it when the top is down to the knees on Amy or Courtney K. I’m not dumb or blind.

YES!! This is the one that gets me. The Lisa Rinna TSV today looks good on Lisa, but I'm 5' 0" and if the back comes down to her knees, it's going to come halfway down my calf. No, that does not look the same on a petite person.

Drives me crazy that QVC recognizes petite pants, but not tops.

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of it is the stylists. They seem to think wearing a size smaller or two looks better but sometimes it isn't. I've read that Jane Tracy's stylist is one that believes a tighter fit is more flattering. And it's most noticeable in pants and jackets. HSN is also guilty of it too.