Respected Contributor

Re: I would order it if it didn't have the hood.

i am really surprised at how many of you like hoods.

i have a rain jacket with a hood, but that's it.  i cannot stand hoods and won't purchase anything with one.  even when i lived up in the adirondacks, i would wear hats and scarves ... but never hoods.

i think it goes back to when i was little and had to walk to and from school (up north in the frozen tundra LOL) and my mother would not let us wear hoods because it interfered with our ability to see.  

what really gets to me is when they put hoods on pj's and robes.  that's crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love hoods on outerwear.  Not a hat wearer, since I have baby fine hair that once it's pressed flat it stays that way.   With a hood, I can just toss it over my head but it doesn't mash my hair the way a hat does.  So I ALWAYS look for a hood on jackets, coat, and raingear. 

I've never noticed anything pulling to the back.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't worn a coat with a hood since early grade school. Hated them then. Can't imagine buying anything with a hood as an adult. I do have one nylon windbreaker with a hidden hood (in the collar) in my golf bag. I've used that jacket many times, but have never been taken out the hood.

ETA: If it rains, my hair either gets damp or wet (I'm not going to melt) OR I take an umbrella with me if going someplace important. Not nearly as tacky as a hoodie sticking out every time that item of clothing is worn. Watching others drive during winter weather with those hoodies on is a nightmare!

There otta be a law against driving with those things on. And school kids wearing them are unaware of the dangers as they walk to and from school. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I layer lightweight hoodies under jackets or coats during transitional seasons.  I can never find the right weight coat during fall and spring. They are either too light or too heavy. The hoodies I have are neutral colors and complement anything in my wardrobe. 

I do have two hooded winter coats. If it’s cold enough to wear them, I need that hood.

Respected Contributor

I love hoods.  They keep my neck and ears cozy warm.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of hoods on clothing intended for indoor wear/lounging. I don’t like that wad of material at my back when I’m sitting. And it adds cost. I appreciate a detachable hood on outerwear so I have choices.

Super Contributor

I love hoods on my coats. I am not a hat person, so when I get caught in rain or snow, the hood goes up. It isn't a deal breaker for me when I purchase anything else.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia 

I don’t care for hoods & do not consider them to be an attractive addition to anything but I do have a few things that have one. It is not quite a dealbreaker for me yet. It may be soon. I have a lounge set by Carole Hochman that has a good and it really annoys me. 

I never wear hoods. I live in Florida so that is to be expected. Even when I lived up north, I almost never wore a hood.