Honored Contributor

Re: I would order it if it didn't have the hood.

I do use my hoods -  most frequently I use one when I walk early in the morning -  easiest way to protect my arthritic neck.  But I also use one on my robes, especially if I wake in the middle of the night and choose to sit up for a while but not to get dressed.  Also use my robe hoods sometimes after I shower.

Honored Contributor

I like hoods.  I'm not crazy about the detachable kind because I always think they look like an afterthought.

Respected Contributor

I think if the garment is a front zip rather than a pullover type (I hate pullovers), then the hood won't make it slip backwards because the added weight of the zipper balances it out.

I won't buy any outerwear without a hood (lots of cold air and/or precip around here).  I'm a freeze baby, so I buy Northface jackets to wear indoors in the winter.  My hair is long, so I always have it tied in the back when I'm in the house, so I can wear a hood or not......doesn't matter that much to me.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have a couple jackets w/hoods, that's all I need, prefer the rest to be hood-less.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

We get it, you don't like hoods.  No need to justify it.  No every hood in the world does not pull the garment back....whatever that means..LOL  I do have a couple of hoodie sweatshirts that I like.  I bought a blazer with a hood a couple of years ago....that did not work out too well....I ended up returning it.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

I stay away from anything with a hood.  I have long straight thick hair and it's a tangled mess by the end of the day from being pushed around by the hood.

Oh gosh, DITTO!  That's exactly what I was thinking! 

I have long, curled hair that ends up a snarly mess in that hood back there. 

I do have tops w/ them, but only wear around the house on weekends with my hair twisted up.

Any coats/jackets etc MUST have a hood!  I have a gorgeous JR Trench coat that doesn't have a hood.  What good does that do in the rain/sleet?  What was I thinking!

I don't have a plastic rain cap in my purse like my Granny used to wear!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I just take the pinking shears and cut off the hood close to the seam.  For knits you don't even have to do any sewing.  The fabric just roles up on itself.

I de-hooded all my LOGO and other knits with hoods.  Only things with hoods left in my closet are raincoats!

Honored Contributor

Since I dislike wearing hats, I want hoods on my coats. One exception - my dressy wool coat does not have a hood, but then I wouldn’t wear it outside for long periods of time. I own 2 zip up cable knit sweater hoodies & 1 jersey knit hoodie that I wear as outerwear or around the house for warmth. I rarely use the hood on these, but I still like the style of the attached hood anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not a hoodie fan......can never understand why anyone would want them on indoor wear....a lump at the back of your neck!!!

Respected Contributor

I definitely like hoods on outer wear.  Commuting on public transportation during winter with pop-up snow/ice storms probably saved me from freezing to death.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~