Honored Contributor

I would appreciate any suggestions on finding cotton spring/summer cotton dresses

I have searched every site I can think of for cotton (or at least 90% cotton) dresses that are at least 42" long. We have two confirmations and two graduations to attend. I'm not looking for anything formal, but rather dresses that can be worn dressed up or down. I am also a plus size due to weight gain from prednisone. I appreciate any suggestions and I thank you for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: I would appreciate any suggestions on finding cotton spring/summer cotton dresses

I prefer to wear cotton and other natural fabrics rather than cheap polyester, but the price of cotton is at an all time high and isn't being used as much. There are some cotton rich dresses sold at Lands End in regular, tall, petite and plus sizes that are nice. They have matching cardigans to wear with the sleeveless styles too. Good luck in your search for 100% cotton and be prepared to be wowed by the price if you do find any.... So dissaponting.
Honored Contributor

Re: I would appreciate any suggestions on finding cotton spring/summer cotton dresses

From Serengeti-

Easy style and a relaxed fit make this a versatile dress. V-neck and side-seam pockets. 100% cotton jersey. Machine wash. Imported. Colors: Purple, Turquoise, Black. S-XL, 40" long; PS-PXL, 38" long; 1X-3X, 42" long.

Honored Contributor

modcloth.com has many cotton options.

if you are a size 12 or above also check out ullapopken.com

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ultra Popken-

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Cotton Gauze Empire Dress

Our plus size empire dress in cool cotton gauze is the natural choice for those hot, hot summer days.

Pretty bands of crocheted lace accent the bodice and edge the picot-trimmed short sleeves.

Notched round neckline.

Soft gathered skirt.

A-line fit.

100% woven lightweight cotton with 100% woven cotton lining.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Length: 50".

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Portofino Soutache Trim Empire Knit Dress

Easy-going plus size dress is uniquely detailed with looped soutache braid at the neckline.

Round neckline is framed by a V-shaped soutache inset with a design of openwork loops in two rows.

Short sleeves are cut long enough to provide coverage for fuller upper arms.

Empire bodice tops soft gathers that extend all the way around for graceful fullness.

A-line fit.

100% cotton.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Katie Knit Jacket Dress Set

Our Katie plus size jacket dress is a complete outfit on its own in just two pieces.

Dress it up or dress it down for different occasions.

Add your own jewelry or scarf to change up your look.

Easy, generously cut jacket has an open front, roomy-fit three quarter sleeves.

Matching A-line fit tank dress with banded round neckline.

Armholes are cut full for a comfortable fit.

100% cotton.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Length: Jacket 28", Dress 50".

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Bi-directional Knit Empire Dress

Cool plus size sundress has a flattering empire waist with soft gathers below. Horizontal and vertical stripes flatter and add interest.

Square neckline.

Straps are wide enough to hide bra straps.

Smocked elasticized back keeps bodice securely in place.

A-line fit.

100% cotton.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Ul-la-timate Knit Jacket Dress

This plus size dress is Ulla's simply perfect combination of an easy-going sleeveless tank dress topped with its own matching open front jacket.

Open front jacket.

Jacket has short sleeves cut to provide coverage for fuller upper arms.

Dress has a graceful round neckline.

Dress features cool sleeveless styling.

100% cotton.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Length: Jacket, 28". Dress, 50".

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Colorful Strings Knit Empire Dress

Solid framed bodice in a print of graceful, colorful "strings". V-neckline. Solid skirt below falls from soft gathers. A-line fit. 100% cotton. Machine wash. Imported. Length: 50".

100% cotton

Length: 50"

Machine wash

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Tropi-cool Gauze Tank Dress

Let gentle breezes cool you in this versatile, lightweight gauze plus size dress with airy tank styling. Looks great teamed with our Tropi-cool Classic Gauze Big Shirt, Style #52427, or our Tropi-cool Round Neck Cotton Gauze Tunic, Style #12441.

Round neckline.

Wide straps hide bra straps.

Sleeveless styling with comfortably cut armholes that provide needed coverage.

Long side vents at either side of hemline.

Fully lined 100% woven lightweight cotton.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Plus Size Womens Clothing - Crochet Trim Dress

This cool crinkled cotton plus size dress is the quintessential summer sundress.

Crocheted to the empire waist.

Smocked elastic back and elastic straps for a secure fit.

A-line fit.

100% woven crinkled cotton with 100% cotton lining.

Machine wash.

Imported.

Length: 51".

Trusted Contributor

Last summer, I bought a pretty blue cotton dress at Dress Barn. They have a web site; check them out. And at my local "Ross for Less" store I have bought several cotton dresses over the last few years.

Esteemed Contributor

have you checked Lands End and Talbots???
Esteemed Contributor

talbot's has a couple in Plus size thatbare 98% cotton. Right now everything is 25% off.
Super Contributor

D&C has this one A213676 and it's cute and comfy, mostly cotton.

As Is Denim & Co. Solid Tiered V-neck Knit Tank Dress

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Thank you

Carmie, lolakimono, sunshine45, tennesseegal, KathyPet, and buttercup.