Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder where Katia is today

First time I saw her was years ago when she modeled for Randolph Duke on HSN.

Honored Contributor

You posters seem to know so much about Katia, I wonder if she's still married to the doctor. I remember SG or she mentioned that fact many years ago.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

You posters seem to know so much about Katia, I wonder if she's still married to the doctor. I remember SG or she mentioned that fact many years ago.

I don't know about any doctor, but she's married to a lawyer. (Both tthier parents were in medical school together) Has 2 children.  Started modeling comparatively late.  Many models start at 18 or younger.  Information from 2015, so it might have changed. Her body is different then the other models.  Extremely thin (but fit) her shoulders and hips are narrow but the same width. Breasts small, etc. That gives her the rectangle body that is required for runway.  I'm not sure the other QVC models can do what she can. They are called print models. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Meet-the-Model-Katia-Bassou/ba-p/1856085

Valued Contributor

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Meet-the-Model-Katia-Bassou/ba-p/1856085

Just learned a lot about her that I didn't know! Pretty cool! She is actually married to a lawyer, not a doctor. (Per the article)

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@songbird  LOL we posted the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same time!! Too funny! (Great minds think alike lol)

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Runway models have to have a lot of stamina.  Some of the runways are quite long.  Plus they have to go up and down flights of stairs and platforms.  This is continuous.  When the come back stage, they immediately have to change, given generic size shoes (sometimes they don't fit) then they have to go out again. They also have to have good walk.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

she has been doing some runway work for the JOAN SHEPP store this week. (fashion touchdown show for charity.)

last week she was in vegas.

@sunshine45 

I thought Adejaiye was their go-to model.

Honored Contributor

Katia has always been my favorite model.I just love how she walks and the way clothing looks on her.