Respected Contributor

Re: I wish the models would do more than just stand there;

@msh8970 ~ exactly!  I'm with you on all points. I tend to dislike most of the accoutrements the models show as well, especially the dumb hats and sunglasses.👒🕶

Honored Contributor

I also agree, if you're trying to sell me a blouse, for example, then let me see the darned blouse, lol. Not with a scarf covering the neckline, a jacket covering all but the very front, I want to see the whole blouse, front back, sides, sleeves, really the whole thing. Doesn't seem like so much to ask of a place wanting to sell stuff, after all.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Totally agree, show all aspects of garment, especially since it costs $10 to try and return item.

Frequent Contributor

Today I watched Pat with Susan Graver....Pat said about the dress length.....its a perfect length on everyone...well how can that be true.....The Models are so tall & slim & I am 5'3..She didn't even tell us the length until the end!...but I would have loved to see it on a petite model...

Respected Contributor

Some of them move and change poses. Kate is one who is really good at that. She is like a throwback to the models of Vogue,etc. years ago.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes wonder if they don't turn around because they have it pinned in the back to be more figure flattering and not so shapeless or boxy.

There are many times they will show it on the hangar and it looks so straight up and down and a model comes out and it goes in at the waist and I think how can that be the same top?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

I think most of them have not had training - they're just regular people. Almost all stand there with their hands in the pockets. Even if they are modeling a blouse, they stick their hands in the pants pocket. That's my pet peeve! There's one blonde model that rarely moves, just stands there. That's why I think they are just regular people.  

Esteemed Contributor

WAtch the "woman in control" shows.  YOu can watch them shake their booty in the clothes while having a lot of fake enforced fun.

Honored Contributor

I've complained about this for years.

the models are backstage while they talk about 1 color then next model comes to camera.

This bugs me because if they would all be together or nearer each other

Then the viewer could compare colors and fits.  When they are so far away you can't see the details 

and then they are wallking all over the place 

so someone has decided that the need that tight direction,.

Evine and HSN do a better job 

Evine showed the dresses for the tSV this week on 2 people and the other colors on a dress form which was very clear. 

Esteemed Contributor

You are right, msh8970, with everything you wrote about!

Mickey Mouse at the helm sure gets around these days!