Honored Contributor

I wish Q packed things better when they ship

I got a skirt the other day from Q. It was so wrinkled, it was  wrapped tightly in plastic, and   it looked terrible

I got a skirt today from Talbot's. It was in a cardboard box. the skirt was on a hanger, attached to the box, so it couldn't  move around. It was sealed in a plastic garment bag. It looked beautiful. It was ready to wear, and not at all wrinkled

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I wish Q packed things better when they ship

Agree - Isaac comes folded with tissue paper - Susan stuffed in a plastic bag.

Super Contributor

I've brought this up before.  When shopping from a television channel, I don't know what people expect.  They are not selling high end clothes or trying to give the customer a high end experience.  As it is, there have been several comments about prices going up at QVC.  I think the volume of business QVC does makes a big difference in the packaging as well.  Smaller companies can take the time to provide the extra luxuries that QVC cannot.

For example, I have purchased clothes from higher end stores that shipped my trousers with the legs stuffed with a piece of foam and wrapped so carefully that they could be worn from the box.  I also paid a premium for that, I have no doubt.  The price ends up in the cost of the clothing or shipping.  I am not impressed with hangers, either.  I only want a hanger if I purchase a dress or coat in person and it is put in a garment bag for me to carry out.  I certainly don't want junky hangers shipped to me just to throw away.  I use nice matching hangers at home.  I do know some people that like the hangers though.

Clothes require care.  I fully expect to steam or iron mine at least a little.  If they don't need it, it is a nice surprise.  

Honored Contributor

I don't consider Talbots any higher end than Q..WHat I buy from both places is in the same ballpark...

Super Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't consider Talbots any higher end than Q..WHat I buy from both places is in the same ballpark...

I have never shopped there, so I took a peek first.  $109.00 for an eyelet shell.  They have linen and 100% cotton.  I think the styles are comparable, fabrics are better and prices are a little higher--but they have sales which make it equal.  I can see why they would package more carefully.  Natural fabrics will wrinkle easier.  

Honored Contributor

They have plenty of stuff with poly in it..My skirt is a wool blend, and it has poly  too

Honored Contributor

What I find particularly amusing is when they demonstrate how something can be rolled up and packed for travelling and voila!  when you get to your destination - unpacks wrinkle free.

.... the same article that arrived all wrinkled from QVC when you bought it!

Respected Contributor

I recall in the late 1980`s Q used to ship clothing in a box with a hanger. Some of you may also remember this?

Another one of those changes to keep things shipped out fast and cheap. Lately, lucky the bag is even heat sealed enough to ship. Some pieces arrive in better bags, but not always. Some times things are in a box, but that is for multiple clothing items.Considering the times the package is tossed and thrown more than ever it seems? I hada Dooney purse in a box that was thick with tape all over from being thrown. Talbots have some great sales. Q prices seems to be increasing though,for clothing and getting up there with Talbots for some items.

Honored Contributor

I think every clothing purchase I have made from QVC is folded with tissue and packaged in a sealed clear bag...then put into the QVC bag.  I think the problem with all the wrinkling is the QVC bag, sometimes thay are huge for the item placed in them.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Agree - Isaac comes folded with tissue paper - Susan stuffed in a plastic bag.

all my susan graver arrives folded with tissue paper in a plastic bag.  Isaac does have fancier bags for cashmere, but similar to susan for lace tops, knit dresses.