Esteemed Contributor

I will NEVER buy Clark's boots (or shoes) again!

About two years ago I bought a pair of navy blue Clark's Bendables boots, which were a TSV. I had ordered two pair, but sent the grey/taupey color back, and now I'm glad I did.

I had tried many pairs of Clark's shoes and sandals, but the fit was always so "off" that I never found a pair I could keep. I ordered these boots, and the fit was good as well as the comfort factor. Now I regret my purchase.

I've probably worn the boots maybe 25 times at the most, only for running errands, etc., mainly short trips in the car. The "finish" or whatever Clark's wants to call it has worn totally off the back of the actual black heel, and it has also worn off the back of the navy heel section of the boot. This is where the boot rests on the carpeted floor mat in my car. The area on the heel is rough, with virtually no color at all. The heels are made of rubber, a little soft, and it's wearing down on the edges. The comfort factor is gone, and I have to put extra insoles in to make them comfortable. The only way I can make them look better is to polish them with navy boot polish to try and bring back the color on the heel section of the boot (but it's hard to find this color navy polish), and black polish for the actual heel.

I paid $98.00 for those boots. They talk about "cost per wear" - well, I don't think $4.00 per wear is good enough! I have an old pair of black leather ankle boots that I bought over 15 years ago and have just about worn them to death, many hundreds of times - got them at Sears for about $35.00. The heels are made of hard rubber and are not worn down, and the finish is not worn off. The heel section of the boot is in good shape, no wear of the finish at all. There are a few scratches (my fault), but if I polished them up they would still look almost as good as these Clark's boots.

I personally don't think the TSV's that QVC offers are the same quality as that which you would find in a store. I'll never take a chance on another pair of Clark's, period. And I will be very careful of any of QVC's TSV's in the future - I've thought several times that the quality is not there because they bring in so many made just for them.

Sorry, I needed to vent! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Clarks Bendables Ingalls Dover Leather Ankle Boots

Super Contributor

Re: I will NEVER buy Clark's boots (or shoes) again!

That's a cute boot! I am staying away from Clark's due to the fact I keep reading the quality has become poor. I don't blame you for being angry, the boots sound cheaply made.

Valued Contributor

I used to love Clarks and I am sorry to hear that the quality has went down. I am now hooked on Alegria (really helped with my feet issues).

Esteemed Contributor

I have these boots in black, so far so good with holding up. The sizing was strange though- I bought them at a Q outlet and I needed an 8 1/2 W. I haven't needed an 8 1/2 in any shoe in probably 20 years!! Clarks sizing is inconsistent, sometimes I even need a 9 1/2.

Honored Contributor

If you've read my story you can skip over. OK, so (I think it was last Spring, I've lost track), but I had on a pair of Clark cloggs.

I loved those shoes. I'd worn them maybe 10 times in the past few years. I was on my way to the dentist.

I got out of my car to go into the dentist office (garden offices). I put my foot on the asphalt and felt a 'flop' and then a lot of AIR.

The entire sole came off. Separated from the top part of the shoe. It was flopping!

I found some rubber bands to put around the shoe until I got into the office. The office manager gave me more.

There I was laying back getting my teeth cleaned with rubber bands on my shoes.

I'd planned to run many errands as it was early in the morning. Instead I had to go home. By the time I got back home it was too late to go back out and run the errands.

I went to my closet to look at the other Clark shoes. I swear to you. I pulled hard on another pair of Clark Cloggs and the same thing started to happen.

It was as if the thread used to sew the sole to the top of the shoe was rotted.

I threw them out too!!

Respected Contributor

I have that same pair of boots in navy as well. I've had them for awhile and they're holding up great, but I'm going to check to see if the finish is worn off from driving. I wear them only with jeans, so I'm not too picky about checking them out as I wear jeans when I want to be casual.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

I have over 8 pairs of White Mountain boots, booties, etc....they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn and I've tried just about all kinds.......White Mountain gets my vote, year after year........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

It's a good thing we all have choices. I have several pairs of Clarks sandals, clogs and boots from QVC and have worn them for several years and they hold up great and still look great. I haven't had a problem. It's the only brand I wear for the most part.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you, OP, no more Clarks for me either.
Respected Contributor

That should not happen. Boots, especially, should be made to last. If it were me, I would write to Clarks and tell them the story. This is reflecting on their brand, even if they are making shoes and boots specifically for QVC.