Honored Contributor

Re: I will NEVER buy Clark's boots (or shoes) again!

I have some Clark's sandals that I bought years ago (same sandal in two different colors). I've worn those sandals to death every summer and they're still fine and I get compliments every time.

BUT.....those sandals were made in Brazil. When Clark's moved their production from England to Brazil and Italy, the quality was still excellent. Since they moved it to China, not so much.

I no longer buy Clark's because the last time I did was a TSV sandal. I went to a Clark's store and tried them on for size, then ordered from QVC because the price was better (for the exact same sandal), even with S&H. I ordered two pairs and had to send them back; the sizing was so off it was ridiculous.

Being stung for the high cost of return shipping did it for me. Never ordered again. And because of that I no longer order shoes from QVC period.

(Ordered some Sporto boots from HSN two years ago and they were a perfect fit, excellent quality and are still my favorites!)

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 1/5/2015 BonnieBelle said:
On 1/5/2015 TX-starlight said:
On 1/5/2015 BonnieBelle said:

I purchased all my Clarks sandals, clogs and boots from QVC, they wear well, still look like new after several years and I drive every day.

Mine too, I have read so many complaints on here on Clarks. I have never had any problems at all with mine. They are the only brand of shoes I own. (other than flip flops)

Me too. I don't know what these people do to their shoes, especially driving, I have no problem, LOL!!

What do you think we would do to our shoes while driving? Or better yet, what could we do to them? Put the foot on the gas, put the foot on the brake, with a soft carpet floor mat. Maybe my boots are defective or lacking in quality, as others have suggested, since I don't have this problem with any of my other shoes and/or boots, even the "cheaper" ones. I'm really glad you have no problems, but those of us who do don't find it particularly funny.

Clearly, some people think the answer is obvious - when you get in your car to drive, remove your shoes and drive barefoot. NOT!

I agree with you that the boots should not have worn like that. And at that price - OUCH! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I used to love Clarks. Now you couldn't give me a pair. This past summer I had 2 different pairs of Clarks sandals have the stitching disintegrate while I was wearing them. And of course I wasn't at home either time. The last time I had walked from a parking lot approx. 1000ft to an outdoor arena for a horse show. By the time I got there the shoe was dangling off my foot and as I passed a trash can, threw them in. I couldn't keep it on my foot! The quality has deteriorated to the point they are, in my opinion, junk!
Frequent Contributor

Annabelle...I just read your post...that is exactly what happened to my sandals! They were less than a year old!
Respected Contributor

My Clark crystal quartz boots are doing fine. Any shoes you wear driving will be damaged if you drive a lot in them whether they are Clarks or Ferragmos. The bottom line is that all the shoes made in the same Chinese factories (depending on the quality of materials used) are going to have similar problems. I looked at a pair of Nine Weat ankle boots that I bought in 1996, and there is no comparison in the leather and quality of workmanship. They still look great and were made in Brazil. We all bought into the low cost Chinese products and are now living with their issues. I rarely buy shoes from China for that reason. We also need to realize that the huge number of items manufactured for a tsv will have a certain number of errors produced for the vendor's order (statistically). I even had a pair of Dankso's whose sole literally melted.....
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/6/2015 jk9 said: My Clark crystal quartz boots are doing fine. Any shoes you wear driving will be damaged if you drive a lot in them whether they are Clarks or Ferragmos. The bottom line is that all the shoes made in the same Chinese factories (depending on the quality of materials used) are going to have similar problems. I looked at a pair of Nine Weat ankle boots that I bought in 1996, and there is no comparison in the leather and quality of workmanship. They still look great and were made in Brazil. We all bought into the low cost Chinese products and are now living with their issues. I rarely buy shoes from China for that reason. We also need to realize that the huge number of items manufactured for a tsv will have a certain number of errors produced for the vendor's order (statistically). I even had a pair of Dankso's whose sole literally melted.....

I do have to disagree with you on this. I have worn those 15-year old black boots I mentioned more than any other pair of shoes or boots I've ever owned, driven the same car, and they don't have this problem. They're worn in other ways just from the sheer amount of wearing them, but the finish is not worn off. You would think that if anything is going to be damaged by driving, it would be suede, but none of my suede shoes or boots are damaged. I've had too many issues with sizing, defects, etc. no matter what kind of boots or shoes I order from QVC, so I have not bought any from them in a long time and I won't in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

I don,t know if this will Get read, but I had two pairs fall apart like one of the posters said, the difference is I called the company and honestly told them the shoes were nine years old, but they sent credit for the two pair because they were no longer available. The amount was 250'00' I still love Clark's and this has not happened again. Get in touch with the company, they guaranteed their shoes. They did tell me not to keep them in boxes, they need to breath.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/6/2015 qvcaddition said: I don,t know if this will Get read, but I had two pairs fall apart like one of the posters said, the difference is I called the company and honestly told them the shoes were nine years old, but they sent credit for the two pair because they were no longer available. The amount was 250'00' I still love Clark's and this has not happened again. Get in touch with the company, they guaranteed their shoes. They did tell me not to keep them in boxes, they need to breath.

Thanks for the info. When you got the credit from Clark's, did they request that you send the shoes back? Don't know if I want to go to the trouble to do that... what I wish is that they still have some of these boots, because I really liked them as far as style and fit.

Regular Contributor

On 1/5/2015 Jova said:

That's a cute boot! I am staying away from Clark's due to the fact I keep reading the quality has become poor. I don't blame you for being angry, the boots sound cheaply made.

I never buy Clark's from the Q. I go to www.clarksshoes.com I bliever the ones on Q are 2nd's. Is that why theyhave a different name? Free shipping and Free returns at the company.

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 1/5/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

This may be a dumb question but I will ask anyway. What is the difference in buying shoes, clothes, handbags etc from an outlet or at a store like Macys?

My sister-in-law took me to a Coach outlet in St Louis because she said the prices were better than at a regular store. But does that mean the quality isn't as good? Thanks

A lot of the outlets have specially made goods just for the outlet. I went to a Talbots and a Coach outlet and the employees told me they do not carry anything but their own made for the outlet merchandise.

Not totally true about Coach..they have a limited selection that is from the Retail Store. While indeed a lot of their inventory is made for the Factory Outlet price points..they do get some inventory from the store. You need to know the lines. I have purchased a bag in there half off for $199..that was currently on their retail website/store for $399 still.

They told me that about 20% of fresh stock is from the retail store and you can usually tell as they offer limited % of..Last year I purchased a tote on a outlet saile ..which was still in the retail lineup too..

They also put F on their tags so if returned they will know they came from the Factory Outlet..and refund accordingly...