Trusted Contributor

I went to a QVC Outlet in PA. The clothes ugg.

We were at Longwood Gardens enjoying a nice Fall day when someone there said there was a QVC Outlet only 15 miles away. So my husband, who knew he was defeated, took me there. 

I have to talk about the clothes. They looked like the returns from Hell. They were all wrinkled, had white deodorant marks, and were generally a mess. I think that all of the clothes,shoes, and handbags were returns.

Now, the workers put everything in there proper place for size, color, ect., but the clothes looked like they came from the goodwill they were so packed wrinkled, crinkled--it was a total turnoff. My other impression was that most of the brands that I have never ordered were so cheaply made and of poor quality that I was truly shocked. The Denim & pieces were the best quality and I could vouch for that since I have 7 items from that brand, but the Halston and LOGO items boy they were really thin and flimsy. I will never order those brands. Quacker Factory clothes ran super huge and were even more sparkly than I even thought they would be. GILI ran really small and Isaac also ran once size smaller than I usually wear. 

If I only saw the Q's clothes at this outlet, I would never order from the Q again. I will just order the things that I know are good quality like D&C. If you are a diehard Q fan I suggest you go there just to get some perspective.

The jewelry counter was first rate however. Gold was 70% off. I bought a 14k gold mirror byzantine bracelet for $95 and the matching ring for $46. If they had the necklace I would have bought that too. Seeing the QVC jewelry in person was a real thrill. Some items are so much smaller than you would think and some are huge! If you like there jewelry the prices are really worth a visit.

They also have houseware items, decorations ect too. Well, these are just my musings of my experience. It does not mean that you will feel like I do about the clothes if you go, but I just wanted to talk about what I felt about what I saw.

Honored Contributor

Re: I went to a QVC Outlet in PA. The clothes ugg.

@Squirrel LoverGlad to hear that some of the offerings worked for you.

I've only been once to a QVC outlet.  That was years ago -  maybe 15.  I was not impressed by anything -  could that have been because that outlet disappeared pretty soon after the day I was there?   No idea, but based on that experience I wouldn't have driven out of my way to another one.

As for outlet clothing overall - not just QVC's - I'm close to giving up on it.  What comes from the stores is well picked over and almost everything made just for the outlets seems to be of lesser quality way too often.  I do better shopping carefully at my local stores.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

White deodorant marks on all the clothes...     I'm surprised they didn't catch that when they inspected the clothes.

Honored Contributor

Is the clothing meant to be "as is" or first rate close-out merchandise?  If I'm not mistaken, clothing is 70% off at the outlet.

Honored Contributor

The reason they are at the outlet is BECAUSE they look like hell. 

Outlets are supposed to be for the seconds, thirds and mistakes of the lines. Does anyone remember finding mismatched shoes? Or shoes that have the wrong sized marked on them? How about hems that were uneven or items just put together wrong? THESE were the things you found at outlets for dirt cheap.

Somewhere along the line, that changed; companies starting making products JUST for outlets and customers (not me) began to expect almost the same quality in an outlet that you would find at the store. Nope, that isn't what an outlet is.

QVC has a store; it also has outlets- this is where the rejects, returns and "too ugly for me" stuff goes. It's why they are so cheap in cost, as well. If you're expecting top quality, buy from QVC.com.

Just saying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover -

That sounds like an awful experience. I'm surprised QVC would not put much effort into the outlet. 

I've never been to a QVC outlet but I regularly go to HSN outlets and enjoy shopping there. I very rarely come across anything that looks used, dirty, or badly wrinkled.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is the clothing meant to be "as is" or first rate close-out merchandise?  If I'm not mistaken, clothing is 70% off at the outlet.

it is a mix of both......and there is almost always a percentage off of the already marked down prices. i have been in my favorite outlet.....the one in rehoboth beach so many times, most recently a few weeks ago.

sometimes you can come out of there with some nice clothing. my best haul was about a year or so ago. i managed to get 10 clothing items for less than $100. you do have to have the patience to look and examine the clothing.

LOVE their jewelry dept, the holiday items, the home goods area, and the handbags.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the clothes being wrinkled & thin flimsy fabrics.  I have been to the Frazer Outlet & also the Lancaster outlet.  Frazer is much nicer IMHO.  Denim & Co. look the nicest.  I saw lots of Logo, IM, SG, QF & at 50-70% off all tops & bottoms were $10-20.  I was at both of them in September.  I did see lots of VPH that were nice & were very cheap.  I have gotten nice shoes & boots at 70% off.  Handbags were 50% off or more.  I did buy 3 QF tops for $30 & a couple pairs of D & Co. Capris for $7.50 each.  I only get there once a year, but have there for the last 5 years.  The nice thing is that I can try things on, no shpg charges & no sale tax on clothing.  I did buy a nice SG fleece coat in navy/Apple green for $12.50.  I wanted that color so bad when she presented it on the Q, but it was sold out & I bought the chocolate brown/rose.  I spent over $50 on the chocolate/rose one.  Yes, I was a happy camper.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

it is a mix of both......and there is almost always a percentage off of the already marked down prices. i have been in my favorite outlet.....the one in rehoboth beach so many times, most recently a few weeks ago.

sometimes you can come out of there with some nice clothing. my best haul was about a year or so ago. i managed to get 10 clothing items for less than $100. you do have to have the patience to look and examine the clothing.

LOVE their jewelry dept, the holiday items, the home goods area, and the handbags.

I was in the Rehoboth outlet store last September.  Like you say it does take patience but so worth it.  I haven't bought jewelry, but a nice Max NY crossover leather purse for $25 from $50 3 years ago & it still looks brand new.  A beautiful swimsuit for $25, lots of Capri's & pants as cheap as $5.00 from D & Co.  I live in the Midwest so stop at  PA outlets on our way from vacationing in MA & ME each September.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  My experience was very similar at one of the HSN outlets in Florida.  YUKKY clothes, except I got good prices on Birkenstock shoes there which appeared to have never been worn (perhaps tried on and returned, but people in shoe stores try on shoes too).  I also had the same experience with the jewelry been pretty fabulous at the prices.  The clothes there appeared really junky - looking.