Honored Contributor

Re: I went to a QVC Outlet in PA. The clothes ugg.

@ljzs wrote:

We live at the Delaware beaches, so the Rehoboth outlet is very close. Been there many times and got some great bargains. I even have found recent holiday decor pieces that sold out quickly on VPH shows for half off with no shipping.

unfortunately they are closing at the end of this month. Boohoo

@ljzs

the end of THIS MONTH? i thought that they were going to stay open through december? was planning on going the first weekend of december.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Two women who work there said it will close the end of November and the last trucks arrived last month. There are many cars outside every time I drive by so suggest you visit before everything is really picked over.

I feel so bad for the employees who are losing their jobs right before the holidays. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The outlets are completely hit or miss- I went to Fraser about a month ago and shoes were 65% off. Between Isaac and Clarks,  I did extremely well !!! I also bought a rIpka initial enhancer that I was hoping would restock here for eons. Woman Happy  

Clothes were a miss this visit, some times I go and the stock is mostly xs and small. I wear a medium, I got oversized Halston cardigans that time.  This time it was plus sizes! You just never know. I don't find that they're ALL returns- there are overstocks (they still have the  creases from being folded) too. Many of the returns are fine- if I shopped in brick & mortars they're often returned items too. But not 50% +++ off!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mental note to self: I will not go to any QVC outlet in PA.Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

I felt the same way when i recently went to Kohls and saw CuddleDuds(?sp)  items.....they had pajama's out and when i went to check them out....they were soooo thin for winter pjs and didn't seem too great a quality.............was glad i got to see their products in person....

Super Contributor

I live about 40 minutes from the outlet store in Lancaster. For the most part is is hit and miss when I go, but I occasionally do find things to buy. I agree that going and seeing the product and being able to handle it can definately be a eye opener. I have found many an item that I thought looked so great on air ended up not being all that and a bag of chips in person. I have saved myself a lot in return shipping charges by seeing it first hand before buying. You can though find a really good deal on the handbags QVC sells. I have seen a many a happy shopper in the purse section looking at the Dooney & Bourke and all the other nice handbags they offer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I felt the same way when i recently went to Kohls and saw CuddleDuds(?sp)  items.....they had pajama's out and when i went to check them out....they were soooo thin for winter pjs and didn't seem too great a quality.............was glad i got to see their products in person....

I was into Cuddl Duds at Kls big time last winter- but they often so picked over. I figured out what item (style, (color and size) I would have wanted and then ordered it from the kiosk. Free shipping to my house and the item was pristine/new! 

I've already bought 2 Cuddl Dud fleece items from Walmart- they have a realy nice paisley pattern this season and I bought the crew neck. Also a great navy 1/4 zip top! It's early, but the unusual  patterns/colors sell out so fast. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

Mental note to self: I will not go to any QVC outlet in PA.Woman Indifferent

?? I've always found great deals - even with it being a hit or miss!  I love shopping for great bargains though- and sometimes it does take patience. 

Last visit with the 65% off  shoe sale, the store manager was a gem. As I looked for myself, I reorganized shoes that were on the wrong rack. She noticed that and asked me what I was looking for- she went to the back and brought out all these size 9's for me to choose from!  Woman Happy