Respected Contributor

Re: I went to a QVC Outlet in PA. The clothes ugg.

@millieshops wrote:

@Squirrel LoverGlad to hear that some of the offerings worked for you.

I've only been once to a QVC outlet.  That was years ago -  maybe 15.  I was not impressed by anything -  could that have been because that outlet disappeared pretty soon after the day I was there?   No idea, but based on that experience I wouldn't have driven out of my way to another one.

As for outlet clothing overall - not just QVC's - I'm close to giving up on it.  What comes from the stores is well picked over and almost everything made just for the outlets seems to be of lesser quality way too often.  I do better shopping carefully at my local stores.

Yes, with a coupon and a sale.

Honored Contributor

My experience going to the QVC outlet consisted of walking around the perimeter of the room and right back out the front door.  I also don't do garage sales.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover I was at the PA outlet last Thursday and you are right about the clothes being wrinkled. As far as thin fabric, you can see that on TV when the models have a light color on top and dark on the bottom, material is see through.

Honored Contributor

Not all clothing is 70% off! 

I've been to the outlet about 6 times.  They are so hit or miss!    I've found great buys, and I've found nothing.

Sometimes the clothing is only 30% or so off!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Been to both SE PA QVC Outlets:   the clothes are jammed together tightly so wrinkles abound.  The Fraser store has been updated and is very clean...several years now.

For the best outlet clothes:  Chico's in Limerick, PA and in Estero, FL.  They have first quality stuff and while a lot of it is made for the outlet, you can find colors that match what is in the main stores.   Coupons are honored.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

First of all I don't know how the Q could try to sell clothes with deoderant marks on them -- that it totally gross and unsanitary.  I remember i purchased a pair of "As Is" shoes and when they arrived, I did not want to touch them as they were filthy dirty. Of course, I returned them.   How could the Q even think of selling something like that?  I have purchased "As Is" shoes before and that never happened.  I don't live in PA so I won't be visiting their outlet and not missing out from the sounds of it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not near a Q outlet store so have never visited one; but I enjoyed reading your findings and am not surprised.  Quality of many Q clothing lines has decreased by 70% so I'm not even interested anymore - D&Co can't even get 3 pairs of jeans to all fit properly.

Hope you all do find some bargins tho.

Regular Contributor

I was in the Lancaster, PA outlet last weekend.  I also saw lots of SG, LOGO, and IM items.  They are returns from customers so that should be taken into consideration.

I purchased Breezies items and SPANNX items and the prices were great - I got 5 pieces for $44.  That is less than one item when shown on air.  None of these appeared to be damaged or worn previously. 

I did not see any clothing with deodorant spots or even damages and I did spend time going through many racks of clothes.  The shoes were a disappointment, but only due to the selection.  Most were very high heels and I don't wear those kinds of shoes.

The jewelry counters were very nice and the items were displayed well.  Lots of LOGO jewelry was available.  It is very heavy, and I can't wear heavy pieces because I am rather small and it does not look good on me.

I would go again just to see what is available.

Contributor

We live at the Delaware beaches, so the Rehoboth outlet is very close. Been there many times and got some great bargains. I even have found recent holiday decor pieces that sold out quickly on VPH shows for half off with no shipping.

unfortunately they are closing at the end of this month. Boohoo

Honored Contributor

For the record Goodwill washes everything before they put it out for sale. There is one next to where I bank and the front window looks like a display of any department store. it's one giant room with racks and racks of clothes although none of it is jammed in or wrinkled.