Honored Contributor

Re: I went non-essential shopping twice...

I am happy you got to go out and just live a bit of normalcy.  We are in stage one as well and I am feeling much better with a hair appt. set for this coming Friday afternoon.  I do not like shopping so I have not done any non-essential yet.  I need to since our family summer activities are starting soon. 

I decided earlier this week during our phase one that I was going to incorporate this virus into my life, but would not allow it to have power over my life.  If things are different than before fine but Corona will not be my Master.  Happy shopping and living @MacDUFF 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  - I enjoy your threads. Lots of crazy around here, lol

I haven't had the luxury of long periods of off time to clean out closets, do daily facial treatments etc. I've been wearing real bras, real pants, makeup. 300+ million are not all in the same circumstances. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

Blueroses I totally agree and another phrase people use to justify being unkind is "brutally honest."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the ridiculously long post...

All our surrounding states are 1 to 3 weeks ahead of us.  We're watching their phase 1 carefully.  If I wanted to get my hair cut (I've been cutting my own for 55+ years, so no problem there) or go to a restaurant, I could drive 30 min to So. Carolina.

No one knows if or how a peak will manifest itself, but we're sure the authorities will lock us down again if it gets bad.  Even with predictions (so many of which were inaccurate), up to and including possible peaks in June, one of our major hosp systems, Atrium, announced today that they do not expect to be overwhelmed come what may.  

I'm not saying I could have done a better job, and I'm really glad I don't have to make these heart-rending, difficult, draconian decisions, but the "reports" from the "experts" around here have been less than stellar.  Mixed messages, vague regulations, inconsistancies, inaccuracies. 

Masks are not mandatory here, but most people have been polite and considerate.  I carry mine and have no problem putting it on if asked.  Many, including myself, will ask if a person or store would prefer we wear our mask.  All in all, I'm proud of my neighbors and community...everyone seems to be doing the best they can all things considered.

Most people understand the fearfulness of others.

BPS was the gold standard of how to continue doing business while protecting people.  I felt more comfortable in their store than in any of the 3 grocery stores I've been in a couple dozen times.  Don't even talk to me about Walmart...had to go a few times in search of TP.

BPS, L.A. East, and another retail store I visited the other day had several huge containers of hand sanitizer.  BPS and LAE did not require masks...the other store did.  I asked the sales associate in LAE before I walked in if she wanted me to wear mask (she was not wearing one).  Physical distancing was practiced by all (again, don't even talk to me about Walmart), but sometimes PD was breached...it happens. 

Signs were on entrance doors explaining policies.  One store sign said "credit card only...no cash."  LAE wiped door handles to dressing room after each person's use and cc keypad.

The dressing room at LAE was fully enclosed.  The other store blocked off every other dressing stall.  About 1/3+ of everyone I saw on my day out were wearing masks, which is about normal around here.

When I was taking pics outside the dressing room, the sales associate was approx. 20 feet away.  Other shoppers (no more than 2 others at any time) were approx. 10 feet away.  When I checked out, the SA and I were probably 4-5 ft away from each other.

Handsome won't wear a mask unless he has to go into a hospital for some reason.  He's a non-med essential worker, and none of his co-workers wears a mask.  If he had to wear one in any establishment, he just wouldn't go in.  This is the feeling/thinking of many people around here.

Freedom is indeed a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the well wishes!

@Lisa Y  Hey you!  Hope you are well.

@SurferWife  I'm with you, woman!  Have I ever told you how beautiful your hair is?  Have you ever worn it long and wild?  Is it naturally curly?  Keep the faith...we're prepared.

@proudlyfromNJ  I'm so very sorry for your devastating losses.

@Chi-town girl  Your sentiment is shared by many.  https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Perspective-Same-Storm-Different-Boats/m-p/6240459#M1579...

@NicksmomESQ  @chessylady  @ValuSkr  @Mom2Dogs  @insomniac2  @tucsongal  @Leggett28  @RinaRina  @kitcat51  @elated  @Blingqueen023  @morganjen  @shaggygirl  @blueroses47 @LindaSal  @beckyb1012  @fdfdfs  

Hope floats.

positivitywallpaper (1).jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Thank you!  My hair is naturally wavy/curly.  I used to wear it longer, but funny thing, I used to flat iron it back then.  I would wear it naturally curly, but also did a lot of up-dos when it was curly.  I follow the curly girl method, which really enhances the curl, i.e., cleansing conditioner vs. shampoo, plopping (a lot of You Tube videos on that), never let a towel touch my hair (use t-shirt or Aquis turbie).

Yes, indeed freedom & liberty is a gift from Heaven above.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.