Esteemed Contributor

I went non-essential shopping twice...

Image result for charlie brown snoopy happy dance emoji animated

Don't hate on me...all the proper protocol for my state (NC) was followed by me and those around me.  If you are in an area more negatively impacted than we are in NC, my prayers are with you.

Retail started opening here on 5/8...phase 1.

Who knew Bass Pro Shop was considered essential?!?  Handsome knew!  Did he tell me?   Noooo!!  We went last week...the first time I'd been out for anything other than grocery shopping, a book swap in an empty parking lot with my girlfriend, and getting my vehicle inspected in 8 long, anxious weeks.

Yesterday, I went to an outside mall (Blakeney Shopping Center).  All the major shops, i.e., JJill. Soft Surroundings, Talbots, WHBM, Vic's Secret were closed...all the small independents were open.  I went to my favorite boutique (L.A. East).

To say that my spirits were lifted is an understatement of Biblical proportions.  I don't think I saw one man (they were at BPS hahaha)...it was about 50% of normal capacity. 

I shopped and then sat on my favorite bench to get some sun and people watch.  Women stopped and chatted...happy and friendly.  Two words came up a lot in conversation:  Thankful and Hopeful.

Such a relief from the last 8 weeks!

This was me the first 4 weeks of lockdown...

See the source image

This was me, in various stages of sloth and gluttony, the last 4 weeks of lockdown...

Image result for lazy woman on couch watching tv

Image result for Lazy woman Slob

Image result for lazy woman on couch watching tv

This was me yesterday...

20200511_142215.jpg

Be thankful and hopeful.  It sounds like a cliche, but...this, too, shall pass.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I went non-essential shopping twice...

Good for you!! It must have been liberating!!

Respected Contributor

Your state has not flattened the curve, the peak of deaths is expected in late June when an estimated 65 people per day will die in the state. This is from a report originating in your state. In all sincerity I wish you well, stay safe.

Honored Contributor

What two words came up a lot in conversation?  Corona and virus?  (or is that one word?)

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF   Sounds like a fun day!  You should not feel the need to ask posters not to hate on you...your state lifted the ban, you are free to move about.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

No hating on you here!  Fabulous for you!  I hope you enjoyed your day.  It's wonderful to feel like a normal citizen living under freedom, isn't it?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I'm from Michigan, and I'm willing to stay home until it's safe to go places. 

We've been locked down about 8 weeks. I'm okay.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@MacDUFF 

No hating on you here!  Fabulous for you!  I hope you enjoyed your day.  It's wonderful to feel like a normal citizen living under freedom, isn't it?

@SurferWife  Too bad our six friends who died from the virus can't say the same thing. Although they now are free.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m curious if people were wearing masks and social distancing? 

I’m editing to add that this is not meant to sound snarky,  I’m really just interested 🙂. 

Respected Contributor

Going out and shopping for anything other than essentials is not on my radar.