Respected Contributor

Re: I went non-essential shopping twice...

@MacDUFF wrote:

Image result for charlie brown snoopy happy dance emoji animated

This was me the first 4 weeks of lockdown...

See the source image

This was me, in various stages of sloth and gluttony, the last 4 weeks of lockdown...

Image result for lazy woman on couch watching tv

Image result for Lazy woman Slob

Image result for lazy woman on couch watching tv

This was me yesterday...

20200511_142215.jpg

Be thankful and hopeful.  It sounds like a cliche, but...this, too, shall pass.

============================================

HAHAHA!

A Happy Camper!

Happiness is shopping.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

That's great! My State is still ,locked down but I'm out & about everyday. Thanks for sharing, Be well @MacDUFF.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@MacDUFF 

No hating on you here!  Fabulous for you!  I hope you enjoyed your day.  It's wonderful to feel like a normal citizen living under freedom, isn't it?

@SurferWife  Too bad our six friends who died from the virus can't say the same thing. Although they now are free.

That was a cruel remark. Let her enjoy herself. I don't get people who always have to be a downer, we are all going through hard times. 

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@MacDUFF 

No hating on you here!  Fabulous for you!  I hope you enjoyed your day.  It's wonderful to feel like a normal citizen living under freedom, isn't it?

@SurferWife  Too bad our six friends who died from the virus can't say the same thing. Although they now are free.

That was a cruel remark. Let her enjoy herself. I don't get people who always have to be a downer, we are all going through hard times. 

She's not being a downer, she's telling it like it is.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our state is also in Phase 1 of reopening, but the area I live in still has a 60-mile radius travel ban in place.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF   Good Morning! It's sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful outing in the real world.  Nothing for anyone to "hate" as your state is now open. What's it like on the outside? 😜

I hope you keep us posted with your adventures and how this is affecting your community, both positively and negatively. Personally, I think it's good for our mental well being to try to have some normalcy back in our lives. So, good luck and safe shopping. Have another great day!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure you knew you were going to get some negative feedback, maybe even a lecture or two and braced yourself for it. But in the end, it's your life and your choices. Continue enjoying it in the way that's suits you. I wish you good health.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get it. We are supposed to be friends on these boards.What's with all the hate? These are terrible times we're in the middle of. Everyone handles pain differently. Some are stronger than others.Some have psychological issues as a result of all the collateral damage.

The virus has affected us all in many ways. Some of us like myself have lost people. Some have lost their jobs & businesses. Some people are still waiting for their small business loans & unemployment checks. 
   Lot's of people are on food lines for hours just waiting for the basics like bread & milk to feed their families.They've lost their dignity.

We should not be judging eachother.Because someone  isn't dealing with it the way you are,it doesn't make them inconsiderate.It makes them human.We don't know eachothers personal experiences & trauma in regards to this virus.Kindness goes a long way.

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@MacDUFF 

She's not being a downer, she's telling it like it is.  

I have come to loathe the phrase "telling it like it is".  That's what people usually claim when they feel like being mean and issuing a zinger to someone.  There are other ways to be honest about something.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF   Good for you!   We are under phase one opening in RI and so far so good, but it's early.  We haven't ventured out very far yet, we plan on waiting to get to stage two.   We have though, gone to do our grocery shopping on our own about once a week.  We went to buy some outdoor plants the other day.   We're walking outside when the weather is nice, so we don't feel too confined.     It's different for people regarding where they live and I am sorry for those who were hit hardest and lost loved ones.  I feel however, that people that can go out and do things should be able to.  No reason to have to remain quarentined because others have to.   I'm happy for you and I'll be doing the same too very soon.  As long as we keep up the safety measures, we do have to live for pete's sake.