Respected Contributor

Re: I was upset when LR left but....

On 3/29/2015 12andcounting said:

I haven't missed Lisa at all -- didn't really expect I would. I do not think QVC needs to create another host who becomes a ""diva in her own mind.""

Interesting comment.

Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 sunshine 919 said:

I guess Q worked Lisa like a horse. I knew she was on a lot but good grief!!! Anyway I do enjoy Carolyn, Jane, Pat, Jayne, Mary Beth and Nancy. I do not watch as much since I discovered HSN and Evine. But kudos to the old school hosts. I just hope they are enjoying the extra shows they are now doing. I have been looking on Lisa's facebook it seems she is enjoying life and having a ball traveling. Showed a picture of her patio today. Her house must be huge!!! Anyway she is having fun, the other hosts are getting more camera time so it's all good:-)

Maybe that's why she left. Mystery solved :-)
Esteemed Contributor

My take on the situation - out of sight,out of mind. I have never been attached to any one host. I wish them all well, but when they are gone...they are gone!

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Lisa, there are some hosts that I don't like at all so I don't watch any shows they are on. Also since Q decided to raise their prices to offset the "reduced" shipping charges but make us pay for returns, well that has made me stop shopping with QVC.

I watched some of the fashion shows yesterday, unfortunately Albany was on with Isaac and I don't enjoy her so I turned it off.

For me it is a simple equation, if I don't like the presenter, I won't watch, if I don't watch then I generally don't buy.

Far better for my personal economics anyway.

Super Contributor

Interesting comment that the Q doesn't need to create another host who will become a diva in her own mind because that's exactly what I feel is already taking place by giving Shawn PMS exclusively! Like so many others who posted before me, I like seeing a variety of hosts. Let's face it, they all have their fans, they all have their individual shows, but PMS could have been a rotation of hosts since they DO all have their own shows already. People have been commenting on Shawn's style change lately on her FB page, as she went shopping in NYC this weekend w friends and posted a pic of pairs of shoes she purchased. Some like the old Shawn, some like the new; I don't like the inconsistencies in the stories she tells us. So, I fear she is heading toward diva status by her name attached to that infamous PMS slot; that is, if she didn't already reach it in her mind. Then the fact they changed all their s&h and return policies, it costs at least $10 for the 'privilege' of getting home an item and returning it because of all these crazy sizing inconsistencies. Too much change and you have no constant variable to use if earnings slip or soar! Oh well, just my thoughts Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 momcat said:

I haven't missed Lisa at all -- didn't really expect I would. I do not think QVC needs to create another host who becomes a ""diva in her own mind.""

Interesting comment.

True comment. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Like Sunshine 919, I have discovered Evine. They have some very nice jewelry shows at times. I also watch HSN more often: DG2, Iman, Stately Steel, Technibond and Absolute.

I watch QVC on Monday Nights up to but not including PM Style. I watch Scorpion on CBS at that time. I do look forward to Inspired Style and LOGO on Monday nights though.

I also discovered JTV (jewelry television). QVC has gotten kind of boring through most of the week. I used to watch 24/7 years ago but not anymore.

I am glad Monday Nights are much more fun to watch. I like the line up and the change is refreshing.

Frequent Contributor

I still miss Lisa on some f the fashion shows. She was smart about the merchandise and funny. I do enjoy Shawn very much and can't believe Iam saying this, but Iam enjoying Albany too and she always got on my nerves before.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/29/2015 faeriemoon said:
On 3/29/2015 momcat said:

I haven't missed Lisa at all -- didn't really expect I would. I do not think QVC needs to create another host who becomes a "diva in her own mind."

Interesting comment.

True comment. Smiley Happy

I agree. I've been enjoying the change of hosts and wish it would continue, too. The LR show got so boring and tiresome. It's nice to hear an expansion of vocabulary beyond a half dozen adjectives.

Super Contributor

You've got that right! I don't think I've heard the word ""amaaaazzzing"" since Lisa left. What a relief.