Esteemed Contributor

Re: I was the hit of the party (with the toddlers)

@Nonametoday  I think the little ones were drawn to the  sparkly lady because she was so pretty. Little ones know!  I hope you and your husband are on the upswing now.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435  Congratulations on the new granddaughter to be!  I have 2 of them and they're magical creatures. You'll see. 💖

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV Oh, I'm certain of that.  Trying to stay calm the closer the due date comes.  Believe me, I love the three boys, but a little girl will be so much fun, until she turns into a "tomboy" so she can compete with three older brothers!

At least that is theory operating in the minds of my daughter and son-in-law.  Me, I am hoping she will hold her own using her girly charms.  S-I-L is the softy of the two parents so I'm fairly certain she is going to melt his heart in a special way.

Honored Contributor

How exciting for you @aroc3435   Congratulations.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday I love your post.  It made me smile.  I'm glad you were able to go to that party and I bet you looked fabulous!

The little ones do enjoy the sparkley and glitzey tops.  I think they see someone wearing such clothing as approachable and fun.  When I've worn any type of festive jewelry or tops I found that it attracts the little kids like magnets.  The kids are just precious with their curiosity about the items.  

I think you were a big hit with those kids, and vice versa!

Happy Hoildays!

~LdyBugz

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@MoJoV Oh, I'm certain of that.  Trying to stay calm the closer the due date comes.  Believe me, I love the three boys, but a little girl will be so much fun, until she turns into a "tomboy" so she can compete with three older brothers!

At least that is theory operating in the minds of my daughter and son-in-law.  Me, I am hoping she will hold her own using her girly charms.  S-I-L is the softy of the two parents so I'm fairly certain she is going to melt his heart in a special way.

@aroc3435  @MoJoV New babies are the most precious little Christmas gifts, precious at any time, but such hope for a new beginning during the best of seasons.  I had one born near Christmastime and it was a special package indeed.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Ladies.  Each and everyone.  You have inspired me to have a better outlook about my husband's health.  The little girls who loved my sparkles have a great outlook on life and they inspired me to smile and be happy for the time I had with them and to keep, in my memory bank, the fun times I shared with them.  They made that, otherwise, adult party a joy to behold.  It is hard to go to a party with rooms full of cheerful adults when they know deep down inside you are dreading the days ahead but these little girls are oblivious to anything but pure sincerity and truth as they see and say it with their pure little minds.  

I am happy I could share that with you and hope it was uplifting for you.  Love you each and everyone and no matter what our future holds in this earthly place, we will all be together again one day and we will be as innocent and happy as we were as little girls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday 

I'm sorry your husband is doing poorly but your story is delightful!

Sometimes the toddlers in the room are the most fun to hang out with!😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday  I loved your story. It was written beautifully but the best part was the emotion you captured with your words. You reminded me of why we should sometimes push ourselves to do something even when we don't want to. We never know what joy is awaiting us.

Hope you are feeling better now and that you find the strength to deal with both your and DH's health issues.

It sounds like your neighbor is a very special lady. I hope you shared how magical your evening was with her.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~